Do you possess a passion for precision and accuracy in your work? Our esteemed partner, a leading renewable energy company in Africa, is currently seeking an experienced Financial Modeler to join their London offices. The successful candidate will be tasked with enhancing the forecasting methods used to create accurate financial models for their renewable energy projects.
Boasting a remarkable record of delivering utility-scale projects exceeding 1.2GW capacity across Africa, their focus is on providing sustainable power to African nations. They have achieved success through the decades of energy experience held by their management team and their commitment to making a long-lasting impact on future generations.
As a Financial Modeler, you will have a crucial role in supporting corporate and finance activities, and the Business Development team. The responsibilities of the role include preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial models ensuring that decisions are based on solid economic and financial analysis. The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in Financial Modeling, a profound understanding of complex project finance transactions, and transaction experience in managing multiple workstreams and processes.
Moreover, the company leads environmental initiatives and creates education opportunities, promoting sustainable communities through various angles. Therefore, if you are a driven and ambitious Financial Modeler eager to contribute meaningfully to the renewable industry and develop untapped communities, this role offers the ideal opportunity. Submit your application now!
- Minimum degree qualified (business, economics, engineering or accounting)
- CFA certification or related certification (FMVA, CAIA, FRM, ERP)
- Proven track record of successful development and delivery of renewable energy projects, with deep knowledge of the technical and economic parameters, operational risks, and market trends in the industry
- Expertise in securing funding for projects through complex project finance structures, including power purchase agreements (PPAs), tax equity structures, and debt financing, with the ability to negotiate favorable terms and ensure compliance with legal frameworks
- Mastery of financial modeling techniques, including financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, and sensitivity analysis, with the ability to create robust and accurate financial models that incorporate all relevant factors, including environmental impacts and regulatory compliance
- Thorough understanding of energy policies and regulations, such as tax incentives, feed-in tariffs, and renewable portfolio standards, and experience navigating complex legal frameworks to ensure compliance throughout project development and operation
- Ability to incorporate environmental factors, including carbon pricing, greenhouse gas emissions, and environmental regulations, into project planning and decision-making to minimize risks and maximize returns
- Proven experience managing and overseeing complex project finance transactions, including non-recourse project finance structures, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams and processes and ensure successful project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, lenders, and regulatory bodies, and effectively communicate project plans and progress to all parties
- Experience in power/energy/infrastructure industries, growth markets, and/or infrastructure investments, with a demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate investment opportunities and manage project risks to deliver strong returns for investors
Your role will involve providing insightful analysis to support project review and approval processes, identifying key risks and sensitivity analysis, and updating models for changes in performance for construction and operational projects. You will be responsible for maintaining crucial data and information, such as financial and commodity data used as inputs, country evaluations, sector and competitor fundamentals, and ongoing analysis of electricity markets within project countries. You will also be required to provide support in the preparation of Board papers and presentations, assisting with post-acquisition asset management and performance monitoring, and responding to ad hoc financial modeling and analysis requests as required.
- Strong accounting and tax qualifications with experience in infrastructure projects
- Expertise in financial modeling for greenfield project finance
- Deep understanding of project finance and associated hedging strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software tools
- Experience in transaction and financial structuring for infrastructure projects
- Ability to conduct comprehensive commercial reviews of legal documents
- Fluent in English language, with proficiency in French and/or Arabic viewed favorably
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!