Are you a natural-born problem-solver and number cruncher who loves digging deep into data and interpreting it into functional and concise information that can be leverage for business purposes? Are you passionate about driving economies into net-zero carbon states? Then we may have your dream job… keep reading.
A major international player that has made a name for itself across the globe for advising and implementing projects for both private and public sectors on carbon-neutral activities is on the hunt for an Analyst. A young mind who has graduated in the last 2+ years (with A grades) and has consulting industry experience under their belt. They want someone who can run with activities and does not wait for direction but rather drives their own outputs and creates a value add for the company and makes their value to the firm apparent. If you are someone who enjoys taking the bull by the horns and running with it – you will love going to work each day. With that said, you must be able to analyse big sets of data and enjoy every aspect of research. You MUST BE HIGHLY NUMERICAL and love working with numbers in order to succeed in this role. In order for your application to be considered, it is also important that you have consulting experience with climate change projects. In essence, you are probably an INTP type personality with an engineering degree behind your name. You must be able to interpret the data you have analysed and put it into a comprehensible report that you can easily communicate and is easily digested by the recipient of it. Because you love research and data you must be a people’s person, able to listen, understand and translate in an objective manner with commercial insight. You will find yourself scraping the web, interviewing clients, and conducting surveys to name a few activities. You must be able to develop and apply frameworks for analysis and problem-solving. You need to have proven experience because we want to hear all about your ability to conduct market analysis, business and financial analysis, policy analysis, and data modelling ALL THROUGH Microsoft Excel. Talk about macros!!! If you have experience using quantitative analysis software systems – tell us about it. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in the carbon, energy access and energy policy market along with experience working with clients in the transport, agri, and built environments space. Since you will be one of the young guns, you must be willing to help drive the business development activities – so we are looking for someone with a “can-do” attitude. Someone who understands that the business’s end goal is your objective and you need to make it happen. Show why you are the most dynamic and resilient skill on the team.
If you are ready to grow your career with one of the most successful carbon advisory companies globally – this is it. We want to hear all about the energy access and circular economy projects that you have worked on.
P.S - we hope you enjoy international travel!
- Must have a masters degree in the Sciences or Engineering field - must be from a highly recognized institute
- MBA is highly advantageous
- Exceptional grades on your tertiary studies are highly beneficial
- 2+ years of experience working within the consulting (ideally carbon) sphere as an Analyst
- Strong understanding of the challenges of climate change within South Africa and Africa as well as solutions to such challenges is a must!!!
- Brilliant technical writing skills and highly proficient in analysis (ability to solve clients needs and win project proposals)
- Experience working on projects in both the private and public space will be beneficial
- Out of this world - analysis and research skills is NOT negotiable
- Must be client-facing
- Knowledge of carbon standards, methodologies and protocols is beneficial
- Strong MS Excel skills is not negotiable
- Able to work with a multitude of individuals from different teams as well as being able to work with stakeholders and sub-contractors
- Excellent climate change knowledge
- Must have experience using quantitative analysis software
- Ability to speak French and Portuguese is highly beneficial
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Carbon Tax | Climate | Sustainability
Give us a review on Google!