RustMo1 is seeking an Assistant to the Head: Operations & HR to facilitate all Operations and HR-related administration. The ideal candidate would work in a growing company in the Energy Sector. They would be part of the first IPP to connect to the National Grid and would learn first-hand about operations and HR in the running of a plant, as well as work with a young and dynamic team. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working in the corporate space while learning about working in rural communities at the same time.
RustMo1 Solar Farm is a 7MW solar PV facility in the Rustenburg area of the North West province, South Africa. The project will provide improvements to the local infrastructure through uninterrupted power during daylight hours, reduce our carbon footprint and promote socio-economic development. The project will generate an average net revenue of approx. R114m over the 20-year project to BBBEE social needs, creating 83 temporary and permanent jobs.
- Qualification in the administrative, operations or HR field
- Experience in reception and PA or admin work
- Able to work within a growing team
- Strong multitasker
- A person who has a passion for people and good people skills whether dealing with the CEO or the lady serving teas
- A head for basic finance and procurement
Operations - Assisting in all operations-related paperwork and processes
- Management meeting minutes
- Procurement quotation on all purchases
- Temp operations time sheet calculation
- Karani cash account, (Orders, Quotes, statements and invoices)
- Claim forms
- Petty cash recon for the site
- Assess Daily reports and report if there are problems on site
- Monitor Control room and server to ensure protocol is followed
- Monthly Shift roster for Site staff
- Oversee company vehicles – ensure licenses are up to date, services done, etc
HR - Assisting the Head: Operations & HR with all HR-related administration
- Monitoring Leave days and viability of leave.
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally. Supporting documentation for site employees.
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
- Overtime applications and recon.
- Reconcile the Sundays and public holidays and compare to overtime
- Increase letters.
- Site Employees recruiting process for verification. (Police clearance and Medicals)
- Contract Minor adjustments (Name, ID, Dates, Advised value)
- Managing and updating company HR and Stakeholder databases
- Manning Reception at Head Office - Manage phone calls and correspondence (email, letters, packages etc.)
- Organizing events
- Managing the maintenance of the Head office and facility equipment, e.g.: computers, network queries, stationery, etc
- Providing administrative support to other departments or projects as needed
- ADHOC duties, from time to time, assisting the CEO with larger meetings and specific admin
- Must have a driver's licence and be willing and able to drive both Manual and Automatic transmission vehicles, be willing to travel to the North West Province as our plant is based there