Business Developer - PV Solar - Johannesburg
Are you an innovative and strategic sales expert? Are you ready to further your career in the PV Dolar industry? This is your chance to work with a budding group of solar experts specialising in a variety of C&I projects across South Africa. Should have a background in 200 kW to 10 MW solar plants then this is your opportunity to contribute to sustainable solutions for the loadshedding problem in South Africa and help improve the socio-economic situation while growing your career.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 – 6 years of experience in the development phase of plants who has worked on C&I, agri and/or residential power utility projects, particularly PV solar. The key differentiator for this role is that the technology used is micro-inverters as opposed to the commonly used string inverter, so experience in this technology is highly beneficial! The ideal candidate needs to have exceptional communication skills in both English and Afrikaans and be able to effectively navigate a small installation team in all aspects of a project, including development and procurement, financial operations, stakeholder liaison and managing project development activities.
Your main responsibilities will include assisting project managers in site procurement and planning, networking and collaborating with clients, identifying and securing potential leads and overseeing project managers in the EPC activities on various sites. A crucial task will be establishing milestones when certain partners are involved in financing, which means creating and managing extremely detailed reports in a timely fashion and engaging with financial parties, so a strong financial knowledge and background are crucial. We really want to know more about the various projects you have worked on in the past so please include your track record in your application!
P.S. While this is a remote option, there is a lot of daily travelling involved, so if you like to get out and about this role was made for you!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Commerce is beneficial however experience and interpersonal skills are the most important considerations
- Has worked on 200 kW – 10 MW solar power plants (preferably PV solar tech)
- Ability to lead a team effectively and engage with all stakeholders
- Experience with micro-inverters is highly beneficial!
- Knowledge of overseeing and assisting in establishing a project through development and EPC
- Exceptional financial and consulting knowledge
- Has developed and managed milestones and reports for financing
- We need someone who has exceptional communication skills and is ready to be on-site getting hands-on with all operations surrounding a project
You will be overseeing all development, financial and O&M operations regarding a variety of C&I, residential and agricultural OV solar projects. Responsibilities include site planning and procurement, collaborating with stakeholders, managing the installation team and being responsible for all data and reporting regarding bringing projects to operation and the O&M it may require. Remember to point out any significant plants you have worked on in your career, especially those with the same technology!
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Detailed and professional report writing and data analyses abilities
- A dynamic and efficient approach to work
- Exceptional skills in securing leads and networking with clients
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
WHO IS ALTGEN?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!