Born from our founder’s passion for people and the planet, AltGen was established in 2012 and is now considered to be the leader in Human Resources Services in the cleantech, sustainability and renewable energy industries across Africa.
Initially servicing the REIPPPP in South Africa our expertise now encompasses a variety of climate-friendly disciplines, from rooftop PV, energy storage, clean cooking, and carbon management to green hydrogen and the electric vehicle markets.
With offices in South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, and soon in the United States, we are able to effectively deploy anglophone and francophone services across sub-Saharan Africa, covering an organisation’s entire growth cycle from early-stage consulting to organisational design and recruitment, to managing entire workforces and executing on payroll. We differentiate ourselves from competitors by the qualitative approach we take to engaging on our client’s mandates and the relationships we foster in the industry. We value learning and innovation internally, while externally we focus on providing in-depth insight and advisory services to each of the clients we engage with.
- Are you a commercially savvy individual who is entrepreneurial by nature, strategically minded and who loves solving problems?
- Do you have a degree under your belt, and have you always had a knack for starting your own businesses (be it big or small)?
- Are you passionate about working in the cleantech, sustainability and renewable energy industry?
- Do you value your independence, and do you thrive off autonomy?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then keep reading, AltGen has the perfect opportunity for you to join our team! We are looking for a bright-minded individual to join our team as a Business Developer to assist us in rolling out a number of new services and products to our existing and potential new clients. We are looking for someone that empathetically listens and translates the needs of our clients into solutions that meet their specific or bespoke requirements. If you would sum yourself up as analytical and thoughtful in the way you engage with various stakeholders, then you are the person we want to speak to.
- A degree is a must – ideally in business or social sciences
- 2+ years of work experience in a solution-driven environment is vital
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Excellent listener and an ability to draw information out of various stakeholders
- Research-driven and highly analytical
- Must have experience meeting and exceeding targets
You will be responsible for driving value to our clients through our innovative new service and product offerings. You will work across the African continent. Using our existing client base as a starting point, your goal will be to ensure that our clients return time and time again. As your skillset develops and you master the art of business development, you will find yourself engaging and head-hunting new clients and negotiating on the commercials and thus closing deals.
- Sound reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to negotiate and draw information out of clients
- Exceptional research skills
- High emotional intelligence and collaborative skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!