We are looking for a Solar PV Business Developer who is a people's person through and through, but is also one of those people who is able to sell ice to an Eskimo!
Along with your superb people skills, you need to have a degree in Business or Engineering as well as proven experience as a Business Developer or Sales Executive with a demonstratable sales track record in the solar industry. You are someone who can easily motivate decision makers to make buying decisions through your financial savviness and strong understanding of solar PV systems and its components. To excel in this role, you will need excellent persuasion and negotiation skills as well as outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. You are well networked in the C&I industry and have robust business intelligence and market knowledge of energy tariffs. As the Business Developer, you are driven by exceeding your targets and reaping the benefits of your efforts - you are someone who counts the MWs you have closed. We are looking for an indepeant thinker who is self-managed and keen to grow into a senior management position with a sales team around them in the next 3 years.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow your career and join a company that offer solar PV and battery solutions to clients in the C&I space. If you think you’re the perfect fit for this role, then apply now and let us know why!
- Degree in Business or Engineering (Electrical is preferred)
- Proven experience as a Business Developer or Sales Executive in the solar C&I space (must have closed at least 10MW worth of projects)
- Demonstratable sales track record and proven ability to exceed KPIs
- Previous management experience
- Strong understanding of energy tariffs and yields, as well as structuring PPAs
- Having worked your way up from a technical sales and customer support role will be highly beneficial
- Excellent business intelligence and market knowledge
- Technical understanding of solar PV and battery systems is beneficial
You will be responsible for hunting and closing leads - the full Business Development scope... on solar PV EPC projects.
- People person through and through
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb persuasion and negotiation skills
- Easily build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels
- Ability to maintain focus and work in a systematic way
- Ability to prioritize leads and opportunities
- Team player
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM software
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech
Give us a review on Google!