Business Developer - Sustainability - Johannesburg
We are seeking an exceptionally bright and affable Business Developer to join an internationally acclaimed team who specialise in a variety of technologies and disciplines in over 60 countries worldwide. You will be joining a highly professional team that has a proven track record in its contribution to sustainable development and innovation on a local and global scale. This is a lucrative opportunity to take your career up a level while making a large-scale impact on the front of sustainability through establishing renewable energy projects across South Africa.
If you have a relevant tertiary qualification and over 12 years of experience in the development and construction phase of renewable energy projects then you need to keep reading! We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, a strong background in finance with amazing numerical abilities and an adaptable, organised work approach. You will be engaging with all levels of management and staff across the board, as well as stakeholders such as lenders, government and occasionally blue chip companies, so professionalism is key. An innovative approach to risk mitigation and providing sound solutions during the development process is crucial, and you will need to be able to manage various teams while overseeing the establishment of new projects.
This is your chance to use your professional skills to make a significant impact on the renewable energy sector in South Africa. The main responsibilities are assisting the project management team in all operations regarding the development phases of a renewable energy plant, engaging with all levels of management and relevant stakeholders and constantly developing solutions that will further overall business growth and improve ROI. The main technology you will be working with is PV solar, wind and battery energy storage devices, so experience with these is highly beneficial!
P.S. This is a great chance to take your reputation to new heights in the renewable energy industry while making a positive impact on local communities and the economy in South Africa. Apply now if this sounds perfect to you!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of Finance, Commerce or Engineering
- An MBA is highly beneficial
- We are looking for someone with the ability to create and implement a hypothesis around problem-solving and risk mitigation
- A strong background in EPC management activities in the renewable energy sector
- Understanding of PV solar, wind and battery energy storage technology and systems
- Ability to facilitate project managers and stakeholders in the development phase of a project
- Knowledge of calculating and analysing data regarding power tariffs and other important financial factors
- Exceptional networking and presentation abilities
- We need someone with significant numerical and analytical experience
- Know how to oversee asset management on renewable energy projects
Use your expert abilities to improve the socio-economic situation in South Africa. The main responsibilities are to acquire off-takers for power projects and negotiate contracts while providing energy solutions that make financial sense. This includes assisting the project management team in the development and EPC phases of a project, engaging with all levels of management and staff across the board as well as stakeholders such as lenders, government and blue-chip companies, and the asset management of existing and potential projects. You will need to be developing professionally structured and verifiable solutions for any issues that may impact business and project growth, and will be involved in various financial and analytical activities that require exceptional numerical and mathematical skills.
- You need to have logical and calculated approach to tasks
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Exceptional numerical and mathematical skills with a background in finance
- Innovative approach to developing new business solutions
- Ability to effectively engage with clients and partners to grow the business network
WHO IS ALTGEN?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!