Are you a bilingual German/English-speaking professional with extensive experience in the Renewable Energy Industry?
Are you based in Germany and do you have a thorough understanding of the German energy market, grid infrastructure, and permitting requirements?
If you answered yes, we are looking for YOU!
Our client has an impressive track record, having been involved in developing over 7GW of projects across various markets in less than 24 months. With a proven track record spanning America, Africa, and Spain, they are expanding their success story to Germany and are on the hunt for a Business Development Manager with 3-5 years of experience to lead their entrepreneurial team through groundbreaking projects in the renewable energy sector in Germany.
They are a team of early-stage developers with a focus on greenfield projects within the Solar, Wind and BESS technologies, and are looking for an independent thinker with the confidence to break into new markets. Their perfect candidate is someone with extensive grid connection experience and someone who has a far-reaching German market network.
- Do you have a proven track record of carrying projects through from inception to sale?
We are looking for someone who is confident in taking a project from zero to hero and who can oversee their projects’ critical elements such as permitting, land acquisition, grid connection, route to market, and social and stakeholder engagement.
Be part of a team that has achieved success on a global scale and join a team that prioritizes agility, precision and innovation. Shape the future, drive innovation!
Salary: Negotiable with lucrative profit share bonus scheme
- Bachelor’s and/or Master´s Engineering degree
- 3-5 years of experience in business development with a focus on developing greenfield projects
- Relevant experience in developing solar and wind projects in Germany and internationally.
- Technical proficiency in project origination, permitting, engineering, and financial modeling
- Experience designing and/or analysing technical performance of renewable energy projects
- Experience with PPA and project finance.
Your focal responsibility in this role will be to develop our client’s presence in the German market.
This role would require you to locate potential land for projects ensuring that all requirements pertaining to grid capacity etc are met and thus you would be responsible for originating and developing Renewable Energy greenfield projects.
An in-depth understanding of grid constraints and accessibility is crucial to this role. You would need to oversee and contribute to normal project development activities, including permitting, engineering, and financial modelling. You would be collaborating with a small but highly capable team in this role to ensure the successful development of projects from conception to the sale stage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and German
- Entrepreneurial thinker with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong business development skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!