Want to apply quickly? Click here to send us your details and we will get back to you
Are you a motivated Business Development Manager with a passion for the solar energy market? Do you have experience in bringing projects to a financial close? Do you have 4-5 years of experience in the energy sector or project-related environment with M&A experience?
Our client, a leading solar project developer and operator on a global scale is strategically concentrating on the German market to progress solar projects to the Ready-to-Build or Commercial Operation Date stage. Their strategic approach involves pursuing high-margin project development prospects in the most lucrative and thriving markets. Currently, they are in search of a Business Development Manager with expertise in Mergers and Acquisitions to support and enhance their strategic initiatives.
As a Business Development Manager, you will manage all the development operations. You will be involved throughout the entire project development cycle to ensure profitable projects, you will provide strategic input in all other departments and you will also identify and manage all project opportunities and engage with energy users on a bilateral basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next career move in business development within the renewable energy industry.
Please note that previous German experience within a similar role is a must.
This role can be either hybrid or remote depending on the location of candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Technical, Law, or a related area
- 4-5 years’ experience in energy sector or project-related environment
- M&A experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated familiarity with the authorization process for zoning, environmental/building codes, and land/grid connection conditions in previous experiences
- Capacity to evaluate energy projects from both economic and legal perspectives
- Capability to work independently and take a proactive approach when engaging with stakeholders
Job Location Street Address
- Assist throughout the identification, evaluation, and assessment of solar projects for investment
- Negotiate and sign lease agreements
- Deal with authorities to get all necessary permission to build and operate solar plants
- Communicate and take care with our engineers for the technical design of each plant;
- Manage relationships with local authorities, utilities, and the regulators
- Interact with legal, tax, technical, and insurance advisors
- control projects until ready-to-build status and also participating in the auction and sale process
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP systems
- English and German proficiency
- Driving License (Category B)
- Valid working visa
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!