Want to apply quickly? Click here to send us your details and we will get back to you
Are you an ambitious Business Development Manager with a strong interest in the solar energy sector? Do you possess a track record of successfully concluding projects financially? Do you boast 4-5 years of experience in the energy sector or a project-related field? Do you have a bachelor’s degree in economics, Technical, or Law?
Our client, a prominent global solar project developer and operator, is strategically focusing on the German market to advance solar projects. Their strategic methodology revolves around actively seeking out project development opportunities with substantial profit margins in the most lucrative and flourishing markets. Currently, they are seeking a Business Development Manager who will oversee all development operations, actively participating in the entire project development cycle to ensure the profitability of projects.
As our ideal candidate, you bring a wealth of experience in guiding projects through to the ready-to-build phase, actively engaging in the intricacies of auctions and sales. Your track record is a testament to your prowess in nurturing relationships with local authorities, utilities, and regulators, ensuring the seamless acquisition of permissions for the construction and operation of solar plants.
This presents an exceptional opportunity for individuals seeking their next career advancement in business development within the renewable energy industry.
Please note that previous German experience within a similar role is a must.
This role can be either hybrid or remote depending on the location of candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Technical, Law, or a related area
- 4-5 years’ experience in energy sector or project-related environment
- Demonstrated familiarity with the authorization process for zoning, environmental/building codes, and land/grid connection conditions in previous experiences
- Capacity to evaluate energy projects from both economic and legal perspectives
- Capability to work independently and take a proactive approach when engaging with stakeholders
- Assist throughout the identification, evaluation, and assessment of solar projects for investment
- Negotiate and sign lease agreements
- Deal with authorities to get all necessary permission to build and operate solar plants
- Communicate and take care with our engineers for the technical design of each plant;
- Manage relationships with local authorities, utilities, and the regulators
- Interact with legal, tax, technical, and insurance advisors
- control projects until ready-to-build status and also participating in the auction and sale process
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP systems
- English and German proficiency
- Driving License (Category B)
- Valid working visa
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!