Are you a natural and experienced leader with the ambition to lead Renewable Energy development across various US regions?
Do you aspire to be an integral part of a growing company with ambitious goals for the North American renewables and clean energy market?
Are you looking for a career with the opportunity for steep growth?
We are searching for a US-based CEO to lead our client’s renewable energy development initiatives across North America. Oue client, an IPP, boasts an impressive track record with projects spanning Europe, Africa, and the Americas with a range of large utility-scale projects. They are passionate about utilising natural resources to make a positive impact in the world.
They are actively seeking a leader to expand their US portfolio, effectively leading, co-ordinating, and executing their pipeline of wind, solar and grid projects that are under development. The ideal candidate for this role should have an advanced knowledge of grid systems, specifically Grid-Application with history in developing and selling to centralised and decentralised offtakers. Substantial experience in the developing and selling within the MISO region is a must-have for this role.
The CEO role offers competitive remuneration, along with benefits such as a retirement plan, medical coverage, and a daily meal allowance. The position embraces a hybrid work model and flexible hours, emphasising continuous professional development in both technical and skills training.
Seize this leadership opportunity and take the next step in your career by applying now. Be the visionary leader our client needs to steer their expansion in the thriving landscape of renewable energy in America!
- Possession of a university degree in Engineering, preferably with a focus on energy or electrical engineering. A Master's in Renewable Energy is considered beneficial.
- Non-negotiable : US citizenship
- High English level required.
- A minimum of two decades of experience, with at least 10 years dedicated to the design and development of PV solar plant projects, including both Utility Scale and Distributed Generation. This extensive background should also encompass expertise in wind power projects, covering the entire lifecycle from the greenfield stage to the commissioning of the generation parks.
- Proficiency in managing administrative and environmental procedures for PV and wind farm projects, as well as Substations, Switchyards, and Electric Power Lines (SSEE).
- A proven track record of working with electrical production simulation tools such as PVSyst, PVDesign, WAsP, and/or Windpro.
The CEO in this role will be responsible for a comprehensive range of tasks critical to the success of the organisation. This includes structuring, negotiating, and finalising various types of renewable PPA’s, such as Off-site, Virtual, Pay-as-produce, etc. The position involves a crucial technical aspect, requiring the ongoing evaluation and analysis of the energy balance between renewable production and the consumption of green hydrogen plants.
This role encompasses various crucial responsibilities within the organisation. This includes the identification and initial analysis of potential opportunities for renewable electricity generation, particularly focusing on projects that are in their inception phase. You will play a pivotal role in co-ordinating the due diligence processes related to renewable assets, ensuring thorough assessments are conducted.
Additionally, your responsibilities extend to technical coordination with various stakeholders involved in the projects, such as partners, shareholders, EPCs/developers, engineering teams, and relevant authorities. Your role would involve strategic involvement at each stage of the various projects, ensuring effective project management and successful outcomes.
Additionally, the CEO will play a key role in coordinating and monitoring administrative and environmental permitting processes related to renewable projects and their evacuation infrastructures. This extends to overseeing the grid connection points for these projects, ensuring compliance and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle of the projects.
(This role would require the candidate to be available to make site visits – the frequency would be dependent on each project)
- Extreme attention to detail is required for this role.
- Strong work ethic.
- Confidence and willingness to take initiative in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Effective leadership skills with a strength in strategic decision-making.
- Team player with the ability to promote a culture of teamwork and open communication.
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!