Are you a qualified Chartered Accountant who has a fierce passion for the renewable energy and sustainability sector? We are constantly seeking experienced professionals with a background in finance with a zealous interest in growing their careers in renewable energy with potential experience in the spheres of investing, accounting, asset management and financial modelling.
AltGen works with the most notable and expanding market leaders operating in the renewable energy sector. These clients turn to us to connect them to professionals with an impressive calibre and those who have a unique and noteworthy portfolio of work creating tangible value. This is YOUR chance to leverage our networks and be the first to know when these clients are looking for your expertise! We are seeking candidates with experience in the renewable energy sector such as wind, hydro, solar or biogas, or the sustainability sector.
Should you have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and be a qualified CA or CFA with 3-10 years of experience in finances and renewable energy, especially green/impact investments, then we would love to hear from you! Ideal skills include knowledge of accounting, finance and investing activities, especially impact investments, financial modelling (IPO, DCF, M&A, CM, LBO, BM etc.) and overall team and financial operations management. Association with SAICA, CIMA or ACCA is highly beneficial!
Some of the responsibilities include maintaining financial models and strategies, sector analyses, portfolio and asset management, overseeing investments and financial operations, optimise company costs by improving cash flow management and conducting feasibility tests, forecasting, wealth and budget planning, and the preparation of reporting packs, annual financial statement and governance reports. The approach to work needs to be diligent and time-efficient with strong communication and negotiation skills.
P.S. AltGen has clients across Africa, the United Kingdom and Europe, so this could be an ideal opportunity to relocate!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Financial Accounting, Quantity Surveying, Property Studies, or Financial Management
- or Management Accounting
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA)
- Association with SAICA, CIMA or ACCA is beneficial
- 3 - 10 years of experience in finance and preferably a role related to renewable energy
- Knowledge of listed credit bond markets
- Experience in green and/or impact investing
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Developing and maintaining financial models and strategies
- Conducting legal and sector analyses
- Research and report on trends and insights from local and global markets
- Collaborating with teams and commercial stakeholders
- Administration and management of payroll, medical and pension funds
- Review and implement legal documents and processes
- Managing company budgets and investments
- Portfolio management and wealth planning
- VAT declaration
- Assisting creditors and debtors
- Prepare reporting packs, annual financial statement and governance reports
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Asset and portfolio management abilities
- Financial and commercial work orientation
- Outstanding technical and analytical abilities
- Financial modelling knowledge and skills
- A motivated and organised approach
- Aptitude for auditing and tax related matters
- Knowledge of Python or VBA
- Understanding of tax-related matters and accounting standards
- Good knowledge of IFRS and ERP systems
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Sustainability | ESG | Impact Investing
Give us a review on Google!