Looking for an exciting new challenge with a fast-growing renewable energy developer, whilst preserving the cultural importance of heritage sites? If so, we want to hear from you!
AltGen is delighted to be working in partnership with an esteemed Renewable Energy Developer, specializing in solar, wind and battery storage projects, who is looking to recruit an experienced Archaeologist to join them in their next growth phase.
The company has invested north of £300 million in diversifying renewable energy sources and has no intention of slowing down this momentum on its ambitious 20GW pipeline. Their senior team consists of a group of seasoned experts in renewable energy with more than 20 years of experience to learn from.
As part of a small, dedicated team, you will be responsible for ensuring that projects are developed in harmony with cultural heritage sites. We are looking for a candidate who has proven experience in developing and implementing solutions that minimize the impact of projects on archaeological sites and that preserve the cultural heritage and significance of a site.
In addition, to experience in archaeology, we are looking for candidates with skills that are relevant to renewable energy project development. These skills include expertise in environmental impact assessments, GIS mapping, and stakeholder engagement.
You will be offered a competitive salary and a supportive, collaborative work environment. The role will consist of four days in the office and one day at home, providing a flexible and adaptable work arrangement.
If you are passionate about renewable energy and cultural heritage and want to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. Apply NOW!
Interested in finding out more about AltGen and want to receive updates on new industry-relevant job roles? Then follow our LinkedIn page and subscribe to our mailer.
- A bachelor’s degree in Archaeology (BA; BSc
- A related, suitable qualification
- 1 - 5 years of experience as an Archaeologist
- Experience in managing the protection of sensitive cultural and heritage sites
- Providing heritage guidance and support
- Community engagement
- Experience with environmental impact assessments and GIS mapping would be an asset
As an Archaeologist, you will work with a variety of experts and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. Your duties and responsibilities would include some of the following:
- Conducting surveys and assessments to identify archaeological sites that may be impacted by the development of renewable energy projects
- Developing strategies to minimize the impact of our projects on archaeological sites
- Conducting fieldwork and analysis to document and preserve cultural heritage sites
- Liaising with stakeholders, including government agencies, indigenous communities, and other relevant parties to ensure that our projects are developed in accordance with cultural heritage requirements
- Contributing to the development of Environmental Impact Assessments and other project documentation
- Working closely with project teams to develop innovative solutions to archaeological challenges
- Research and analytical skills: the ability to conduct thorough research and analyse data to understand the history and cultural significance of sites and artifacts
- Attention to detail: meticulous and detail-oriented, especially when excavating sites and recording data
- Fieldwork skills and physical stamina and endurance required for outdoor work.
- Communication skills: communicating findings effectively through reports, presentations, and publications
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!