Are you someone who prides themselves on their ability to deliver real-world, feasible solutions that produce robust and reliable results?
Our client, a leader in construction and maintenance in the renewable energy industry, is looking for a Civil Pr. Eng to join their team of experts. To be considered for this role, you must be registered with the ECSA as a Professional Engineer and have 4+ years of experience in a similar role– notable, is that you are someone with proven expertise working on utility scale PV and substation projects
We are looking for someone familiar with the ins and outs of how to effectively engage with Eskom stakeholders. Experience with engineering and construction contracts such as FIDIC is highly desirable. Our client is specifically interested in a candidate who eats hydrological, topographical, and geotechnical information for breakfast and is able to produce exceptional designs for drainage and stormwater management applications. Whilst creating these detailed designs, you will select the components and materials needed to ensure the result meets technical, financial, and contractual requirements and therefore - commercial standards. You must be a BoQ master, proud of your proven ability to achieve 100% on point, in fact, developing SANS 2100 BOQs from your designs is child's play for you.
We are looking for (mostly) a desk jockey, someone who is adaptive to new tech and thoroughly enjoys using big data and systems (ideally Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and Prokon) to create designs that are intuitive to the needs of the project. It goes without saying that you are well versed in road, pile, concrete and equipment foundation, and building designs.
If you have technical expertise in grading and protection studies – then you are certainly the person we are looking for.
Ensuring that your values align with our client’s ethos is essential in being successful in the role. Our client holds each of its employees to the highest standard of moral character. The ideal candidate would champion values such as responsibility, integrity, and tenacity in each and every one of their actions. When individuals that possess these qualities are thrown together, the result is a team that consistently produces high-quality services.
If you’re attracted to fast-paced environments and perform best when challenged, submit your application now!
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- 4+ years of experience in Solar PV or substation role
- Must have hands-on experience on project sites (we are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the construction and design process of a project – having worked as a Project Engineer in the RE space)
- Proven practical design and construction experience on solar PV plants and substation sites
- Experience working with ESKOM stakeholders
- Experience with engineering and construction contracts such as FIDIC
- Proven knowledge of current protection and grading studies
The primary responsibilities of this role lie in developing designs according to client specifications and generating an ROI for our client.
- Embedded knowledge of Solar PV standards and specifications
- Able to produce detailed Bills of Quantities (BoQ)
- Practiced in use of design software; Prokon, CAD, and Civil 3D
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent technical writing capabilities
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!