The Kaxu-Xina Community Trust (“Trust”) is a Community Development Trust founded by KaXu CSP South Africa (Pty) Ltd. The purpose of the Trust is to undertake Community Development activities for the benefit, empowerment, and upliftment of beneficiaries residing within the communities of Pella, Pofadder, Onseepkans, and Witbank in the Khâi-Ma Municipal Area of the Northern Cape. To date, the Trust has not undertaken any Community Development initiatives as it is in the process of being operationalized. The Trust, currently governed by a Board of 8 (eight) Trustees, seeks to appoint 1 (one) Independent Trustee from outside of the Beneficiary Communities. This is a voluntary position with no remuneration as all Trustees volunteer their time and expertise in fulfilling the mandate of the Trust. All out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the Trustees will be remunerated by the Trust.
The role of the Independent Trustee will be to ensure that the Trust is being Governed and Administered as per the terms of the Trust Deed, and thereby protect the Trust from dishonest activities. The Independent Trustee shall hold the position for a period of 5 years, subject to the terms of the Trust Deed. Commitment time will be required for meetings (at least three times per year), including preparation time, travel, training, and education.
- Must have obtained a degree or equivalent qualification and have in-depth knowledge or practical knowledge of business management and/or community development
- Prior experience working on Boards or Trusts
- Understand corporate governance and applicable legislations governing Boards of Directors or Trustees e.g., Companies Act, Trust Property Control Act and King III
- A track record of being able to work co-operatively with others, demonstrating practical audit and approval processes, and to provide leadership in a group setting
- Being prepared to fulfill the time commitments necessary to attend to the duties required of a Trustee, especially attending Board of Trustee and community meetings to provide feedback and proposal reviews
- Be familiar with Community Development activities and have the capacity to guide the local community to prioritize appropriate plans that will be beneficial to all Beneficiaries
- Proficiency in Afrikaans is highly desirable
- Have a deep understanding of Community Development aspects
- No criminal record
- Be of sound mind
- Not occupying any political office/office bearer e.g. Ministers or MECs or Councillors
- Possess a high standard of personal values and ethics and an ability to respect the confidentiality of the Board’s deliberations
- Be committed to receiving the training and continuing education required to be an effective Trustee
In order to qualify as an Independent Trustee, candidates must:
- Not be employed by the Founder (Kaxu CSP South Africa (Pty) Ltd), Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), the Project Company (Kaxu Solar One (RF) Pty Ltd) and Xina Solar One (FR) Pty Ltd), the BEE Companies, and/or any other company in which the Trust holds shares or any beneficial economic interest; and
- have no immediate family who is employed by the parties outlined above for the last 3 (three) preceding Financial Years;
- not have any direct or indirect beneficial interest in the Trust or in any benefits applied or distributed by the Trust;
- be free from any business or other relationship which could be seen to materially interfere with the individual's capacity to act in an independent manner;
- have no contract which states that he/she will receive any remuneration in accordance with any particular outcomes relating to the Trust.
- Have a strong financial background in order to read or interpret the financial statements
- Have interpersonal skills (able to engage at all levels)
- Possess an ability to exercise sound judgement and to problem solve in the execution of their fiduciary responsibilities
- Be able to effectively communicate orally and provide feedback to all stakeholders involved
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!