We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual who specialises in Cybersecurity, Compliance and Data Protection. Work for a rapidly growing market leader that operates in over 20 countries worldwide, where improving the lives of others and valuing their employees is at the heart of the business.
The ideal candidate needs to have exceptional knowledge in the relevant Cybersecurity and IT fields, such as WAN topology, major IP encapsulated process control protocols, ICT infrastructure, and cybersecurity laws across Africa, as well as be certified in necessary cybersecurity roles (CCNA, GICS, ICS, OT, CISSP, CISA, CISM). A relevant Bachelor’s degree and 7 - 10 years of experience as a Cybersecurity specialist are essential for this role.
Responsibilities will include collaborating with all system engineers and employees regarding IT security and operations, coordinating with Cybersecurity consultants in testing for and reporting on vulnerability and risk assessment, overseeing software installation and data protection, and managing activities related to stakeholder, tender processes and budget management in the IT and Cybersecurity sphere. Should this be the perfect fit for you then this is your chance to join a renowned team with a professional, diverse and proactive company culture.
P.S. This is a chance for your career path to centre on people and the planet!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Informatics or Computer Science
- Certified in the necessary fields including CISA, CCNA, Global Industrial Cyber Security, CISSP, CCSP, CISM, and GICSP.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in Cybersecurity with a focus on OT or ICS
- Verified experience in systems, projects, processes, audits and architectures pertaining to Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of relevant Cybersecurity legislation and processes across Africa
- Collaborate with the Computing Systems Engineers, Network Systems Engineers, and SCADA Systems Engineers in implementing tools, platforms, and infrastructure, in line with company and international standards.
- Coordinate with employees on IT security, processes and governance compliance
- Compile annual cybersecurity and risk operational plans
- Perform monthly cybersecurity vulnerability and risk assessments
- Analyse and report on any security breaches
- Liaise with global cybersecurity specialists in conducting penetration tests
- Keep all cybersecurity and governance protocol documents up to date
- Assist Africa Digital Solutions with the design of communication and awareness campaign plans
- Updating cybersecurity standards and guidelines
Direct recommendations regarding cybersecurity operations to executive leadership and senior Digital Solutions team.
- Implementing and managing necessary cybersecurity tools such as ArcSight, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Nessus etc.
- Understand significant IP protocols at the application layer (FTP, BGP, RIP, HTTP, Telnet, RDP and SSH) and IP encapsulated protocols (ICCP, Modbus TCP, DNP3, Profinet, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104)
- Knowledge of OPC protocol versions (OPC XML, UA, OPC DA etc.), ISO 2700X and Industrial Control standards (IEC 62351, NIST SP800-82 SP2 and NERC CIP V3)
- Notable skills in Data Replication, Data Loss Prevention, and Disaster Recovery Systems
- Ability to implement Firewalls, UTM and Switches such as Fortinet, Cisco and Checkpoint
- Knowledge of WAN topology and architecture solutions
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!