We are on the hunt for a DCS Technician to assist our Client with installations, inspections, repairs, replacement, maintenance and adjustments of all aspects of DCS equipment and systems at their facility in the Northern Cape. Our client is a well-known O&M and is responsible for the Operations and Maintenance of CSP facilities with energy assets globally positioned in the Renewable Energy Sector in North and South America, Spain, Algeria, and South Africa.
The ideal person for this awesome opportunity will have a technical/industrial background with added skills and knowledge on the daily maintenance of a Concentrated Solar Power facility.
- National Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering, Electronics or Electrical Light Current
- Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
- 3 years’ experience in Instrument or Electrical, computer processes or process control automation
- PLC programming and troubleshooting and PLC and DCS control systems
- Previous experience in industrial control and systems
- Will have to do stand-by according to the stand-by roaster
The below responsibilities highlight some key performance areas yet are not exhaustive:
- Routine onsite inspections on DCS equipment and systems
- Provide inputs to root cause analysis
- Ensure all communication systems operate efficiently
- Store all information related to DCS systems and ensure its filed and updated
- Carry out daily maintenance activities and fix defects when needed
- Highly proactive and self-motivated, capable of handling multiple tasks
- Professional command of English and Afrikaans with good reading, writing and communication abilities
- Able to work alone as well as in a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work at heights and at night
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to emergency situations
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strictly adhere, promote and ensure the enforcement of HSE rules and practices
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!