Please note that this role is London-based and will involve travel within both Europe and Africa.
Are you a dynamic Design Engineer looking to take your career to the next level? This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented team of professionals who operate on a global scale.
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 1-2 years of experience in solar system design, including knowledge of solar panel technologies, inverters, and energy storage solutions? Do you have knowledge of Autocad, PVSyst, and SCADA design?
Our client, a forward-thinking company dedicated to promoting sustainable and clean energy solutions is looking for a Design Engineer to join their team. Specializing in the development, design, assembly, and operation of solar power systems, their focus is on both ground-mount and rooftop installations.
As the perfect candidate, you are experienced in ground-mounting utility-scale solar projects, you possess a diverse skill set and a keen eye for detail. You demonstrate the capacity to excel both independently and collaboratively within a team, and your ultimate aspiration is to achieve expertise in the field of engineering.
In this dynamic team, experience a competitive compensation package with an enticing gratuity structure, ensuring that your dedication is always met with fair rewards. As part of our global environment, you'll have the opportunity to broaden your horizons and enhance your skills on an international scale. Our client values your professional growth, which is why they provide tailored training programs to help you advance in your career. Moreover, they recognise the significance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible working hours that empower you to effectively manage your time and commitments.
Apply now to get started in this rewarding journey towards personal and professional success.
- Electrical Engineering Graduate
- 1-2 years experience in the design and delivery of Solar PV and Energy storage projects
- Experience with international IEC standards is beneficial
- Develop and refine designs for a wide range of engineering projects.
- Oversee project deliverables and ensure they are completed to the highest standards.
- Utilize your expertise to simulate the performance of photovoltaic systems and optimize their efficiency.
- Ensure all designs adhere to regulatory standards and conduct feasibility studies.
- Use Computer-Aided Design and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems to create and monitor project designs.
- Conduct on-site visits to assess project progress and ensure designs are implemented accurately.
- Prepare comprehensive tenders and proposals, including budgets and bill of materials, to secure projects.
- Leverage your expertise in SCADA design to enhance project monitoring and control.
- Knowledge of Autocad, PVSyst, DigSilent, Homer
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 processes
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Medium voltage and protection coordination experience is beneficial
- Full UK Driving License
- Strong multi-skilled individual with attention to detail
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!