Are you an analytical and passionate Ecologist looking to grow your career in the renewable energy and sustainability sectors? This is an amazing opportunity to grow your career with a company that has saved over 150,000 tonnes of carbon emissions for the past 20 years! Use your skillset to help the UK reach net zero while you cement your career in sustainable business.
The ideal candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree in the field of Ecology, Conservation biology, Ecological science or Environmental science and 1 - 5 years of experience in the field of Ecology. You need to have a strong understanding of ecological principles and be able to apply them in a practical setting, and experience with a range of ecological survey techniques, such as Phase 1 Habitat surveys, and be able to identify UK flora and fauna. You should also have experience of writing ecological reports and have a good understanding of UK legislation and policy relating to ecology and biodiversity.
In addition to technical expertise, you should be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, and be able to build and maintain relationships with key partners. You should be highly motivated, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
As an Ecologist based in Liverpool, you will be responsible for conducting ecological surveys, analyzing data, and providing recommendations to our renewable energy projects. You will work closely with our project teams to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, and contribute to the development and implementation of sustainability strategies.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the fight against climate change, while growing your career in a dynamic and innovative company, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested in finding out more about AltGen and want to receive updates on new industry-relevant job roles? Then follow our LinkedIn page and subscribe to our mailer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Conservation biology, Ecological science, or Environmental science
- 1 - 5 years of experience in the field of Ecology
- Strong understanding of ecological principles and their practical applications
- Experience with a range of ecological survey techniques, including Phase 1 Habitat surveys, and ability to identify UK flora and fauna
- Experience writing ecological reports
- Understanding of UK legislation and policy relating to ecology and biodiversity
- Conduct ecological surveys, analyze data, and provide recommendations to renewable energy projects
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and contribute to sustainability strategies
- Make a real difference in the fight against climate change while growing your career in a dynamic and innovative company.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key partners
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!