This is a call to all dynamic and motivated Engineers who are interested in and passionate about the renewable energy sector and solving complex problems associated with achieving net-zero. We are constantly seeking candidates with a zealous interest in growing their careers by joining with market leaders and pioneers specialising in various cleantech projects and operations across Africa, Europe and the United Kingdom.
This could be your chance to gain knowledge and skills from innovators in both technical and digital solutions which optimize renewable energy assets and contribute to socio-economic growth through a sustainable approach. Should you be qualified in a field of engineering through have 3-10 years of experience in the field of engineering and the renewable energy sector then we would really like to hear from you. Ideal skills include understanding of PowerFactory, DigSILENT, AutoCAD, Sketchup, PVsystPSS/E or PSCAD with a basic knowledge of modelling, an organized and efficient approach to work, notable communication and negotiation skills, ability to manage multiple projects and teams, and data analysis skills in Python, Excel or similar.
Responsibilities may include managing EPC and O&M tender preparation, forecasting project output, overseeing all technical project inputs, engaging in due diligence such as comprehensive site visits and impact analyses, ensuring operations align to local and international standards, monitoring project construction activities, and supervising relevant teams, advisors and contractors.
P.S. AltGen engages with international and local clients, so this could be an ideal opportunity to find your perfect career near you, or even relocate!
- Bachelor's degree in any field of Engineering
- National Diploma in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (Pr.Eng or Pr.Tech Eng)
- Honour's or Masters's Degree in an Engineering-related field is beneficial
- Membership with ECSA is beneficial
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Worked at a company that is compliant with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Been involved in projects from 150KW to 20MW
- Experience in renewable project design and optimisation
- Utility control & protection design experience
- Experience in preparing Tender Documents
- Conducting audits and inspections
- Developing and negotiating contracts
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Manage EPC and O&M tender preparation
- Carry out due diligence such as comprehensive site visits
- Forecasting project output
- Align operations to local and international standards
- Oversee all technical project inputs
- Monitor project construction activities
- Supervise relevant teams, advisors and contractors
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Data analysis skills in Python, Excel or similar
- Scripting skills for automation or repetitive analytical work
- Ability to collaborate with clients
- Skilled in PowerFactory, DigSILENT, PSS/E or PSCAD and all MS Office applications
- Basic knowledge of modelling
- Well-organized and punctilious approach to work
- Notable communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Scripting skills for automation
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Electrolysis | Microgrid | IPP | Clean Tech | Sustainability | ESG | Impact Investments
Give us a review on Google!