Are you someone who is passionate about Climate Change with experience in sustainability and management? This is a unique opportunity to be part of a Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team in a rapidly growing organisation that specialises in ESG performance benchmarking and Carbon footprint analyses.
The ideal candidate should have 3 - 6 years experience in management consulting, energy or sustainability, qualifications in business, environmental studies, sustainability, public policy, and a comprehensive knowledge of ESG frameworks and relevant international standards, such as GHG Protocol, CDP, and Carbon Tax. Noteworthy project and team management, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Should you be a perfect fit for this role, you will be managing client delivery teams, overseeing business development, and supporting all ESG processes. This is your chance to be part of a passionate team of environmental, technology and business experts committed to helping businesses measure and manage all aspects of their environmental and business performance.
P.S. If you have any experience in the mining sector then this role is perfect for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies, business, energy, sustainability and/or public policy
- Master's Degree is preferable
- 3-6 years experience in management consulting and sustainability
- Previously developed and managed sustainability programmes
- Verify and assess carbon footprint
- Ensure that analysis and reporting are aligned with relevant international standards, Carbon Tax and the South African National Greenhouse Gas Reporting Regulations
- Create targets for sustainability performance including GHG targets
- Assessing climate and water-related risks, leveraging scenario analytical tools
- Integration of ESG analysis into core Business Intelligence tools
- Direct client delivery teams, processes and relationships
- Producing sustainability disclosures (GRI, DJSI, TCFD, CDP, SASB)
- Ability to manage multiple teams and ongoing projects
- Skills in data sciences and programming
- Knowledge of tools for integration of ESG reports and business development
- Effective project, team and time management skills
- Collaborating and operating remotely across various locations
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!