We are looking for a passionate senior ESG specialist with 6-8 years of experience to oversee business development and sustain company growth for a rapidly emerging niche leader in ESG services and sustainability consulting across emerging markets.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual with qualifications in science, economics, or business and a background in ESG-related consulting. Should you be the ideal candidate with a dynamic work ethic and strong project management and consulting skills then you will get the chance to work alongside reputable experts that have over a century's worth of combined experience in sustainability management consulting, a proven professional track record, and a notable company culture.
You will collaborate with an esteemed team and assist key clients in managing and developing ESG decisions and processes, monitor performance and due diligence, create and implement strategies, systems and training, and observe and report on relevant trends and technology. Experience in FI management systems and knowledge of applicable international ESG standards is essential.
This role is ideally situated in Johannesburg, however exceptional candidates in other relevant locations such as France, Morocco, and Kenya will be considered. If this seems like a good fit then be sure not to miss out!
P.S. You can follow us on Linkedin to get updates about new jobs on our job board
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications in a Science, Economics or Business related field
- 6 - 8 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial sector
- A background in consulting from a similar environment within the ESG space
- Developing and implementing FI management systems
- Collaborate with relevant teams and key clients regarding all ESG processes
- Assist clients in managing ESG and impact considerations into their processes
- Review and report on the performance of systems
- Oversee business development activities and growth
- Develop and implement strategies, training, frameworks, due diligence, and policies
- Apply FI management systems
- Knowledge of ESG standards such as TCFDs, IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management, IFC Performance Standards, SDGs, Equator Principles, EU Sustainable Finance Taxonomy etc.
- Outstanding abilities in project management, leadership and communication
- Comprehensive understanding of Fi management systems
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!