Are you a skilled analyst with a talent for crunching numbers and a deep understanding of statistical analysis? Our esteemed partner, a renowned developer of renewable energy projects in Africa, is seeking a proficient Financial Modeler to help them navigate the risks and rewards of these investments and will use their expertise to provide valuable insights into the feasibility and profitability of renewable energy projects.
Having already delivered several utility-scale projects across Africa, exceeding 1.2 GW capacity, they continue to focus on providing sustainable power to countries in Africa. Their resounding success is attributed to the decades of energy experience held by their management team, as well as their resolute dedication to making a lasting impact on future generations.
As a Financial Modeler, you will be an integral part of the finance group, providing critical support to corporate and finance activities, as well as the Business Development team, from their offices in London. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial models, ensuring that all decisions are based on sound economic and financial analysis. The ideal candidate should possess hands-on Financial Modeling experience, a profound understanding of complex project finance transactions, as well as transaction experience across managing multiple workstreams and processes.
Beyond delivering renewable energy and creating employment, this company also spearheads environmental initiatives and creates education opportunities, creating sustainable communities from a holistic perspective. Thus, if you are a motivated and innovative Financial Modeler seeking to contribute to the renewable industry and positively impact untouched communities, this role presents an ideal opportunity for you. Apply now and become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team!
- Minimum degree qualified (business, economics, engineering or accounting)
- CFA certification or related certification (FMVA, CAIA, FRM, ERP)
- In-depth understanding of renewable energy technologies, including solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal, with a strong knowledge of the technical and economic parameters, operational risks, and market trends
- Thorough knowledge of energy policies and regulations, such as tax incentives, feed-in tariffs, and renewable portfolio standards, to accurately model revenue streams and ensure compliance in project development and operation
- Extensive experience with project finance structures, particularly those specific to renewable energy projects, including power purchase agreements (PPAs), tax equity structures, and debt financing
- Expertise in financial modeling, with a strong understanding of financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, and sensitivity analysis
- Awareness of environmental factors, such as carbon pricing, greenhouse gas emissions, and environmental regulations, that can impact the financial performance of renewable energy projects, and ability to incorporate these factors into project planning and decision-making
- Sound understanding of complex project finance transactions and structuring around non-recourse project finance
- Proven track record in managing multiple workstreams and processes, particularly across transaction and financial structuring
- Experience in at least one or more of the following areas is favourable: power/energy/infrastructure industries, growth markets, and/or infrastructure investments.
As a Finance Modeller, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining complex financial models for corporate, operational energy generation, and new development projects. You will work with project team members and subject matter experts, such as finance, legal, engineering, and technical advisors, to define accurate inputs and assumptions. Your models must be auditable, timely, and include assumptions, economic outcomes, and key sensitivities.
Your role will involve providing insightful analysis to support project review and approval processes, identifying key risks and sensitivity analysis, and updating models for changes in project performance. You will also maintain crucial data and information, such as financial and commodity data, country evaluations, sector and competitor fundamentals, and ongoing analysis of electricity markets. Additionally, you will provide support in the preparation of Board papers and presentations, assist with post-acquisition asset management and performance monitoring, and respond to ad hoc financial modeling and analysis requests.
- Accounting and tax experience and qualification for infrastructure projects
- Greenfield project finance financial modelling
- Project finance and associated hedging
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Transaction / financial structuring
- Commercial review of legal documents
- Fluent in English language (French and/or Arabic would be desirable)
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!