Do you live by the phrase ‘Garbage in, Garbage out’? Are you a detail-focused Financial Modeler who possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills? If this sounds like you and you have a passion for meaningful renewable energy projects, this role is for you!
AltGen is thrilled to announce its collaboration with a prominent renewable power generation company that has successfully executed utility-scale projects throughout Africa, with a capacity exceeding 1.2 GW. Their primary objective is to provide sustainable power to African countries, and they have flourished significantly, with no signs of slowing down anytime soon!
Drawing from their management team's decades of energy expertise, they aspire to leave a lasting impact on future generations. Besides providing renewable energy and creating employment, they also positively impact the community by leading environmental initiatives and facilitating educational opportunities, creating sustainable communities holistically.
They are seeking an experienced Financial Modeler to join their dynamic and forward-thinking financial team at their London office. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in supporting corporate and finance activities, as well as the Business Development team. The role is a part of the finance group, and its main responsibility is to prepare, analyse, and review financial models for the business to make informed decisions based on sound economic and financial analysis.
The ideal candidate should have previous hands-on Financial Modeling experience, a comprehensive understanding of complex project finance transactions, and the structuring around non-recourse project finance. Transaction experience, particularly in managing multiple workstreams and processes, would be highly advantageous.
As the Financial Modeler, your role will include providing robust project finance models for investment decisions, corporate consolidated models for portfolio management, maintaining operational models, and providing relevant analysis for the Board and its shareholders.
If you want to leverage your financial skills and expertise to contribute to an organization that makes significant strides in the renewable industry and uplifts underprivileged communities sustainably, this is the perfect role for you! Don't hesitate to apply today!
- Minimum degree qualified (business, economics, engineering, or accounting)
- CFA certification or related certification (FMVA, CAIA, FRM, ERP)
- Knowledge of the technical and economic parameters, operational risks, and market trends of renewable energy technologies
- Understanding of energy policies and regulations such as tax incentives, feed-in tariffs, and renewable portfolio standards to accurately model revenue streams
- Experience with project finance structures, such as power purchase agreements (PPAs), tax equity structures, and debt financing, specific to renewable energy projects
- Expertise in financial modeling, including financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, and sensitivity analysis
- Understanding of environmental factors, including carbon pricing, greenhouse gas emissions, and environmental regulations, that can impact the financial performance of renewable energy projects
- Sound understanding of complex project finance transactions and structuring around non-recourse project finance is preferred
- Transaction experience, especially across managing multiple workstreams and processes, is valuable
- Experience in power/energy/infrastructure industries, growth markets, and/or infrastructure investments is a plus
The role of the Financial Modeler involves assisting in the creation and upkeep of financial models to meet all business requirements, including corporate, operational energy generation, and new development models. These models must be auditable, timely, and include assumptions, economic outcomes, and key sensitivities. The Finance Manager must define inputs and assumptions by compiling financial model databooks that accurately reflect legal commercial agreements, requiring collaboration with project team members and subject matter experts such as finance, legal, engineering, technical advisers, and external advisors as needed. In addition, the Finance Manager provides analysis to support project review and approval processes, identifies key risks and sensitivity analysis, and updates models for changes in performance for construction and operational projects. The Finance Manager is responsible for maintaining important data and information, such as financial and commodity data used as inputs, country evaluations, sector and competitor fundamentals, and ongoing analysis of electricity markets within project countries. The role also involves assisting in the preparation of Board papers and presentations, supporting post-acquisition asset management and performance monitoring, and responding to ad hoc financial modeling and analysis requests as required.
- Accounting and tax experience and qualification for infrastructure projects
- Greenfield project finance financial modelling
- Project finance and associated hedging
- Transaction / financial structuring
- Commercial review of legal documents
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!