GeoSUN, based in Stellenbosch, offers a variety of services and products to the utility-scale solar and wind energy industry in various African countries, as well as further abroad. We currently have a vacancy available for a Graduate/Junior Engineer.
Applications without the following information will be rejected:
- Detailed CV and photo (include previous work experience, even if casual work e.g., waiter work).
- Academic records and matric results.
- At least two references (with main and alternative contact numbers and email address) – more than two references are preferred.
- Send the required documents as listed above to email@example.com with the following email subject: “JobGS-022-22”
- If you do not hear from us regarding your application by 31 January 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. We typically receive a large volume of applications and cannot respond to each application individually.
- Closing date: we typically keep the application open until we find a suitable candidate. As long as this advert is on our website, the application is open.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechatronic, electronic or mechanical engineering.
- Eager to travel and perform outdoor site work
- Knowledge of Python and SQL
- Previous exposure to data loggers and measurement instruments
- Interest in renewable energy
- Knowledge of computer networks and communication
- 2 years’ work experience (the position is for a graduate engineer, but junior candidates with some work experience may apply)
Solar and Wind Resource Assessment:
- Providing technical inputs to sales team
- Final design of solar and wind measurement stations
- Supply chain management for projects
- Building, assembly and testing of weather stations
- Logistics, installation and commissioning of remote weather stations
- Monitoring, processing, and reporting of data received from stations
- Providing support for weather stations
- Scheduled and unscheduled site visits to weather stations
- Calibration of solar and meteorological instruments at the office
- Participating in onsite calibrations
- Calibration project reports
- Instrument troubleshooting and repairs
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- MS Office proficient
- Technical report writing capability
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!