Join the Future of Renewable Energy Development in Germany!
Are you a result-driven Head of Development with a deep understanding of the German energy market, grid infrastructure, and permitting requirements? Are you interested in becoming part of an organisation that is involved in developing over 7GW of projects in its other markets within a span of less than 24 months?
Our client, a dynamic and agile team of early-stage developers, is on the lookout for a visionary Head of Development to spearhead groundbreaking projects in the renewable energy sector. Operating at the forefront of innovation, your future employer specialises in greenfield projects within solar, wind, and battery storage. As pioneers in the renewable energy sector, they craft sustainable solutions that align with the dynamic needs of the German energy market. With a proven track record spanning America, Africa, and Spain, they are expanding their success story to Germany.
As the Head of Development, you will be at the helm of their mission, driving projects from inception to sale. Your responsibilities will include overseeing critical elements such as permitting, land acquisition, grid connection, route to market, and social and stakeholder engagement. Vigilant oversight of deadlines and processes will be crucial as you lead, coordinate, and execute the development pipeline.
As the ideal candidate, you come with a bachelor's (preferably Master's) degree in engineering and 5-7 years of experience in developing greenfield projects. Your expertise in procurement, construction, PPAs, and project finance will set you apart. If you have a proven track record of effective leadership in the renewable energy sector, we want to hear from you!
Be part of a team that has achieved success on a global scale. Immerse yourself in a culture that prioritizes agility and innovation. Collaborate with seasoned experts, adding your expertise to a dynamic and unified team!
This is your chance to contribute to early-stage renewable energy projects backed by substantial investor support. Shape the future, drive innovation, and be recognized for your pivotal role in the green revolution!
Salary: Negotiable with lucrative profit share bonus scheme
- Bachelor’s and/or Master´s Engineering degree
- 5-7 years of experience in developing greenfield projects, ideally within the renewable energy sector
- Relevant experience in developing solar and wind projects in Germany and internationally.
- Technical proficiency in project origination, permitting, engineering, and financial modelling
- Experience designing and/or analysing technical performance of renewable energy projects;·
- Experience in procurement and construction
- Experience with PPA and project finance.
- Originate and develop greenfield projects in the renewable energy sector.
- Guide land agents or source land independently, understanding grid constraints and accessibility.
- Oversee and contribute to normal project development activities, including permitting, engineering, and financial modelling.
- Collaborate with a small but highly capable team to ensure the successful development of projects from conception to the sale stage.
- Provide expertise on the German energy market, navigating the unique rules of each state (province).
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and German
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!