Reporting to the H&S Officer, the H&S Assistant plays a key role maintaining Kaxu Solar One’s safety program as well as partnering with the Operations team, supporting and consulting with both management and employees. Under the direction of the H&S Officer, this role is responsible for various administrative and training duties including inductions, risk assessments, transport inspections and site access.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Health and safety courses (SAMTRACK / Nebosch / First Aid)
- 2 - 3 years of previous administrative support experience, preferably within an HSE/EHS Department (Health, Safety & Environmental)
- Knowledge of Lighthouse and AEM advantageous
Your responsibilities will include:
- Request of contractor documentation prior to access to the site
- PPE needs for subcontractors
- Liaise with subcontractors on all safety documentation required
- Evaluation of all safety documentation from subcontractors
- Do daily manhours
- Upload of all documentation to Lighthouse
- Ensuring training matrix is up to date and monitor the expiration of key training
- Evaluation of all transportation prior to access to site
- Evaluate MWEP to ensure compliance
- Monitor employees’ medicals for expiration/restrictions
- Fluent in English
- Data Interpretation / Annalysing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / Outlook / Teams)
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!