We have an exciting opportunity available for a HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER to join our client in the Renewable Energy Sector at their facility in the Northern Cape. You must have previous health and safety management experience and live in the Khâi-Ma Municipal area.
The ideal person for this awesome opportunity will be an experienced Health and Safety professional with a zealous interest in growing his/her career in renewable energy to provide oversight of health and safety aspects of operations.
If you are the perfect fit for this role you will have a no-nonsense personality type as you strive to eliminate any possible risks of injuries and environmental impact. You will be a born leader that easily motivates and engenders HSE compliance within the organisation. You will find yourself responsible for developing HSE strategies, plans and auditing systems along with the needed policies and procedures to support them. You will find yourself working with the HSE team to ensure that major risks and environmental impacts on site are identified, eliminated or mitigated. In addition, you will drive HSE training as well as manage and record all necessary documentation.
If this is a profile match to your personal capabilities, skills and expertise, and you have a love for the tranquil surroundings of the Northern Cape, then we look forward to receiving your application.
- National Diploma in Health & Safety
- Legal Liability Training
- NEBOSH Certification (Preferred)
- Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
- 5 years’ experience
- Incident investigator experience
- Proven experience in Health and Safety Management System implementation and monitoring
- Experience in operational electrical power generation plants and substations
The below responsibilities highlight some key performance areas yet are not exhaustive:
- To implement, fulfil and follow up the Company’s goals and objectives and the Prevention Action Plan (PAP)
- Manage and lead the team, in coordination with the rest of the project team and under the hierarchy of the National H&S Manager
- Ensure the enforcement of, review, update, and promote H&S policies and procedures
- Conduct health and safety inspections and audit
- Develop strategic plans for addressing high-risk areas
- To carry out inspections and control risks on site
- Review audit and address findings
- Follow up and approve the contractor’s safety plans
- Identify potential hazards and major incidents
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the H&S staff
- Maintain the plant Emergency Preparedness and Response procedures in line with the plant risk profiles and ensure regular training and emergency drills are performed and improvement actions are implemented and monitored
- To train employees and contractor on the Kaxu Plant Safety Regulations and the PTW system
- Organized, pro-active and self-directed
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office (Excel) and SAP
- Leadership, team spirit, communication and influencing skills
- Must be able to work with a multi-national team with different languages, habits, and cultures
- Professional command of English and Afrikaans with good reading, writing and communication abilities
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!