This is a remarkable opportunity for an organised, driven individual with accounting experience to oversee the daily operations of a revolutionary Zambian-based company that is making strides in contributing to hyper-efficient energy consumers through digital energy solutions and a sustainable ROI. This is your chance to be part of an organisation that will have contributed bring productive power to 130,000 Zambians within the next year.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience and dedication when it comes to customer services, accounting and inventory, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 1 - 3 years of work experience. The team you will be joining is energetic and dynamic, so zealous candidates with a passion for administration and office work may find this to be an ideal work structure and company culture. Local contracts will get meals, vehicle, phone and internet allowances, and housing.
Responsibilities include responding to incoming service requests from microgrid managers and customers, researching and reporting on data relating to customer problems, conducting bookkeeping and accounting activities, and managing regional technicians and microgrid managers. This role requires a 6-day work week and will involve 3 weeks or 1-2 days of in-field work.
This role is ideally for a Zambian citizen, however, should you be willing to repatriate and are fluent in both Nyanja and Bemba then you should apply too!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience in working with Google products and programmes
- Has worked in an accounting field before
- Responding to incoming service requests from microgrid managers and customers
- Researching and reporting on data relating to customer problems
- Collaborating with advanced troubleshooters on technical issues with the power system hardware, mobile application and the server
- Ability to conduct bookkeeping and accounting activities
- Manage regional technicians and microgrid managers
- Assessing skill gaps and requirements for training
- Directly communicating with customers and conducting customer surveys
- Excellent written, social, and communication skills in English, Nyanja and Bemba
- Exceptional skills in computer literacy and digital communications
- Enthusiastic about customer support services
- Has a punctilious and organised approach to work
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting independently
- Ideally has a sympathetic and compassionate nature
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!