AltGen is on the hunt for a heavy hitter, an Investment Director who has strong experience in the private equity space with a proven track record in impact and renewable energy investments across the African continent. This opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play a leading role for one of the most reputable brands in the green investment space which has an impressive and noteworthy portfolio of sustainable funds (soon to be over USD 700 M).
This firm has made a big name for itself, but remained agile, supported by a global team of 20 highly skilled professionals. You will find yourself steering the strategic oversight of their upcoming and current investments, overseeing their advisory services, tracking their success and onboarding new deals all the while deploying innovative ideas that ensure the company maintains its competitive advantage. Further to this, you will constantly be engaging with various exec level stakeholders and partners as well as providing leadership to your team.
The ideal professional for this role will have a degree in finance, commerce or engineering coupled with an MBA and CFA (yes, someone EXCEPTIONAL). Further to this, we are looking for an expert, someone who has gained 9+ years of experience in private equity in the infrastructure environment with proven expertise in deal origination and transactions across Africa. To add to this, it is vital that you highlight your ability to effectively execute on how you have structured project finance deals.
If this sounds like we are speaking directly to you, then APPLY NOW! We want to hear all about your hands-on experience in negotiating private equity growth transactions and buy-outs.
Please note: this position is also open to candidates based in South Africa - follow this link to apply.
- Degree in finance, commerce or engineering coupled with an MBA
- CFA is highly advantageous
- 9+ years of experience in private equity in the infrastructure environment with proven expertise in deal origination and transactions across Africa
- Tangible experience and track record showing your ability to create value
- Experience originating fund-fit deals with a strong understanding of third party funds
- Experience in the renewable energy is vital
- Experience in agri, water, cleantech, SHS & energy efficiency is highly advantageous
- Proven experience working on projects from cradle to grave (initial review through to transaction agreements and implementation)
- Growth equity financial modeling and evaluation experience is vital as well as performance monitoring and risk analysis
- Must have raised capital (locally and internationally)
- Experience managing teams of over 15 employees
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Top-notch communication skills (dealing with partners, exec etc)
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!