Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Land Planner, who is eager to join one of the fastest growing renewable energy developers in the UK, with an impressive 20GW of projects in their pipeline? If you are a Planner who can think outside the ‘coal-fired box’ and help a team of engineering experts usher in a new era of clean, sustainable energy, then this is the role for YOU!
Our client is focused on positioning themselves as clean tech adopters, they incorporate the latest innovations in renewables advancements into their project expansion strategy and are quickly taking the lead as a key player in a rapidly growing renewable energy market across the UK. Their focus is on developing and financing large-scale wind, solar and battery storage projects. They have developed over 250 MW of solar and smart energy projects and have received sizable funding, which will allow them to expand their operations and take on even more ambitious projects in the coming years.
If you are the professional, we are looking for, you will have three to five years of experience in land planning and hold a membership with the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI). We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who is eager to support the company in its rapid growth and ambitious project pipeline. As a valued member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and take on increasing levels of responsibility, with the potential to move up the ladder into a senior role as you master your skills and expertise.
As a Land Planner, you will have the opportunity to work with leading renewable energy experts with decades of experience under their belt. You will be joining a young, vibrant team who works closely with the executive team in a fast-paced, exciting environment. You will bring your unique set of experiences as a land planner, to varied projects and mandates, which will offer you an opportunity to accelerate your growth in the renewable energy sector.
Sporting brand new offices with a breath-taking view, they enjoy a collaborative and social work environment, and if you are someone who feels inspired and motivated by working closely with your colleagues then this is the perfect opportunity for you!. The company is not only helping the UK achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050 but are actively assisting individual landowners in diversifying their income.
If you are passionate about renewable energy and want to make a positive impact on the world, this is the role for you! So, why wait? Submit your application today and take the first step towards an exciting new career with an outstanding company!
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Civic Design, Town and Country Planning or Spatial Planning
- A related, suitable qualification
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
- 1 - 5 years of experience as a Land Planner in a renewable energy, consultancy, real estate or other industry
- Planning and zoning regulations
- Stakeholder engagement
- Project management
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles of a project
- A good understanding of legal and financial aspects of project development
- Zoning and Land Use Regulations
- Land Acquisition, including the identification of potential sites for the project, negotiations with landowners, and obtaining Environmental, Land Use, Construction or related permits
- Site Planning, with consideration of environmental and other factors
- Engaging with local communities to gather input and address concerns of the project, and assist with public outreach and communication efforts
- Project Management
- Site analysis and assessment (terrain, topography, transmission lines, and environmental considerations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!