Are you the next Managing Director for hydropower projects in Uganda?
We are looking for an executive leader with a background in Ugandan energy and a wealth of equity raise experience to take on the challenge of scaling the entity to surplus profitability. If you have a track record of achieving revenue growth and securing large-scale renewable energy projects, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Join a global investor and developer of utility-scale renewable energy projects. This company is globally recognised as a market leader and investor with a well-established presence in 6 countries and currently managing 4 closed-end funds. They’ve officially invested in almost 40 renewable energy projects in 9 emerging markets and continue to make waves in the press. This is your chance to step out of your comfort zone and step up to be bigger and better!
The ideal candidate will be an executive professional with a background in Ugandan energy and a track record of achieving revenue growth. You need to have a master’s degree and at least 10 years of experience within the renewable energy sector. We are looking for someone that has experience in working with hydropower projects and can confidently liaise with government officials, lenders, and financiers. If you think that you have what it takes to make this entity as profitable as possible in preparation for an equity exit, let’s talk!
As the Managing Director, you will be responsible for 4 hydropower projects within the entity. You will manage the entire entity’s operations including developing and executing a comprehensive energy strategy that aligns with the company’s energy goals. You will take on a focused approach to driving financial control and operational excellence across all portfolio investments and play a key leadership role in the management of the entire body of staff that operate within the Ugandan entity. As the Managing Director, you will liaise with government bodies, funders, and financiers in securing equity capital to fund hydropower projects and lead the entity to overall profitability. This is your chance to truly make an impact in the developing world!
If you think that you have what it takes to flip the tables and scale this business all the way to surplus, then don’t hesitate any longer. Hit that apply button below!
Interested in finding out more about AltGen and want to receive updates on new industry-relevant job roles? Then follow our LinkedIn page and subscribe to our mailer.
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering, renewable energy, or a related field
- A Master’s in business administration (MBA) will be highly beneficial
- 10-15 years of experience within the renewable energy sector, with specific experience in hydropower projects
- At least 5 years of experience in an executive leadership role within the Ugandan energy sector
- Strong and proven track record in delivering solid business plans and projects supporting the global energy transition
- A proven track record of achieving revenue growth and securing large capital renewable energy projects
- Proven track record of successfully managing hydropower energy projects and operations
- Experience in providing technical, engineering, and business support to the investment plans that the investors and owners/operators have to execute projects
- Oversee the management of the entity’s activities and steers the formulation of the company’s policy position
- Chair meetings, and liaise with government bodies, lenders, and financiers to design and implements the company’s policy strategy
- Leading the entity globally driving visibility in the global hydrogen market with P&L overall responsibility
- Building the Ugandan entity roadmap including the identification of potential project opportunities and Joint Venture relationships
- Leading global business activities by supporting the regional as well as global teams
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions, budgeting, and financial management
Responsibilities include developing and executing a comprehensive energy strategy that aligns with the company’s overall energy goals, driving financial control and operational excellence across all portfolio investments, key leadership including the management of the entire body of staff that operate within the Ugandan entity, recruitment of high quality professionals, mentorship, training, representing the owners/investors in front of the various potential customers and stakeholders, liaising with government bodies, lenders and financiers, board membership on various investment and holding entities, managing all corporate governance matters of the entity at board level, managing the development, implementation and monitoring of strict financial accounting controls and related systems throughout the organisation to ensure investor funds are safeguarded and utilised properly, participation in all equity raise ventures, and Joint Venture opportunities, delivering bespoke investor presentations, debt raising processes including competitive selection processes, documentation execution, drawdown and final implementation. The Managing Director of Uganda will be responsible for effective project accounting, on-time and high-quality management reporting, detailed forecasting, and budgeting informed financial analysis and ensuring lender covenants are met as well as maintaining and enhancing relationships with external stakeholders including service providers, legal counsel, banks, investors, and auditors.
- Inspirational thought leader and visionary with an entrepreneurial drive
- Commercially focused, and able to grow a business with a global focus
- Passionate about opportunities emerging in the Energy Transition
- Ability to maintain positive and trust-based relations with business partners, shareholders, and authorities
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!