Do you enjoy breaking down complex problems into manageable components and creating something new, something innovative?
Do you have 14+ years of experience in power plant management as an executive Projects CEO in the renewable energy industry? How about 6+ years of experience in a high-level leadership position, and a master's degree in a business-related field from an esteemed university? Yes? Then keep reading.
Our client, a dedicated international provider of clean energy and water desalination processes, is seeking a highly experienced Projects CEO to lead, develop, and innovate their existing multi-million-dollar operations. With over 1300 employees, our client is looking for an individual that possesses extensive knowledge of the wind construction and construction phases, including various contractional and regulatory specifics. This role involves wind projects in a highly logistically complex environment. Achieving high-quality results in a timely manner without compromising on financial, legal, operational (including health and safety) standards is non-negotiable.
Risk management involves operations with major stakeholders. The ideal candidate would pay high attention to detail, ensuring that the company is at no risk of profit loss or contractual liability. The ideal candidate would possess advanced technical understanding and have worked their way up the chain of command on high-stakes utility projects. Our client’s power portfolio boasts an impressive generation of over 50 GW.
We are actively seeing someone with an intimate understanding of the inner workings of a renewable power plant. Your level of intimacy with the system regulation requirements, operating conditions, and the state and federal regulatory environment, should rival that of top executives in the industry. The ideal candidate would be a natural and experienced leader, able to design, optimize and implement strategic logistics and business plans, and develop company KPIs across various interdisciplinary teams that are crucial to the successful operation of the power plant.
Leading the internal team is just one aspect of the job. You as the ideal candidate, would also need to be able to develop and maintain international partnerships with various stakeholders (including off takers and partners). Both the internal and external elements of this role can only be maintained by ensuring that one is constantly abreast with government policy and industry regulations within the Uzbekistan region. Our client is all about health, wealth, and happiness. In order to ensure they are able to make this mantra a reality, the highest level of performance and expertise is required.
Take the plunge and experience an elite lifestyle in an industry that matters, apply now.
- BSC in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- MBA or similar Master's degree required
- Infrastructure relevant course or internationally recognised qualification preferred
- Reputable technical training related to utility management preferred
- 14+ years experience in power plant industries management
- 6+ years experience in high-level leadership position for a major IPP/Project Owner/Asset Manager
- Proven track record of successful design and implementation of strategic business plans
- Proven experience managing the operations and construction activities in a renewable power plant industries
- Extensive experience in general business management, sustainability, finance, marketing, and HR – having come from a commercial business environment, including but not limited to a financial role.
The primary objective of this role would, in short, be to ensure the successful operation and optimisation of the power plant and in turn profit to the company. This would be achieved through the tactical deployment of financial and strategic plans, monitoring team performance, and the creation and maintenance of key partnerships.
Other responsibilities would include ensuring compliance to contracts (including but not limited to; EPC, CTA, PPA, PWPA, O&M) and effectively communicating with various stakeholders up to government level.
- Able to engage with government stakeholders
- Proven record managing multimillion-dollar projects
- Strong leadership capabilities – able to build, develop, and manage a team of professionals
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Problem-solving and analysis at executive level
- Ability to negotiate high-stakes partnerships
- Embedded knowledge of wind construction
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!