*Please note: Candidates MUST be citizens of Botswana.
STURDEE ENERGY is offering a unique opportunity for an onsite site Solar Technician on its project sites on a market-related salary. The projects are the first utility-scale projects in Botswana and provide the ideal opportunity to build a career in renewable energy in Botswana.
The position is ideal for an electrical engineer that wishes to be the custodian of a solar project and responsible and accountable for its daily operations and maintenance. The role may include working together with operations and maintenance contractors or other members of the Sturdee team.
Sturdee Energy is a Subsaharan-focused Independent Power Producer that develops, finances, owns and operates renewable energy power projects across SADC with a track record of over 650MWs. The site technician will form part of Sturdee’s broader operations and maintenance team operating in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and eSwatini.
Should you meet the requirements below and be ready for the challenge of joining a high-performance team please apply with your CV.
- Tertiary Electrical Engineering qualification
- Botswana Citizens only
- Experience in switching LV, MV and HV systems (advantageous)
- Solar experience (advantageous)
- 12 months electrical work experience
Job Location Street Address
- Candidates from the Shakawe and Bobonong areas are encouraged to apply
- Plan, prepare for, manage and execute activities pertaining to Preventative Maintenance in accordance with Annual Operations and Maintenance Plan
- Perform corrective maintenance
- Review and ensure compliance with HSE procedures onsite
- Inspect, test, diagnose and maintain CCTV system
- Apply root cause analysis techniques on all major and reoccurring faults
- Investigate technical failures and prepare a formal technical report
- Generate Work Order (WO) requests for onsite intervention
- Diagnose, test, repair and/or replace transformers
- Respond to all alarms triggered on the solar plant
- Manage subcontractors performing module cleaning and site maintenance
- Diagnose, test, repair and/or replace cables, cable inter-connections, PV
- Diagnose test, repair, and/or replace cables, cable inter-connections junction/string boxes, connectors and fuses in PV systems
- Record keeping and management of spare part movements
- Contribute and be part of the Sturdee Energy operations and maintenance team
- Interface with Botswana Power Corporate
- English reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!