We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Operations’ Manager to lead the Operation’s Department of a Multi-National Company operating in the renewable energy sector at their facility in the Northern Cape. Be part of a well-known O&M responsible for the O&M of CSP facilities with energy assets globally positioned in North and South America, Spain, Algeria, and South Africa. This is your chance to grow your career while using your expert abilities to ensure the operational success of an entire plant!
Black female applicants from the following designated groups; - African, Coloured, and Indian are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a proven track record in running the operations department and managing operations-related activities in accordance with contractual requirements and defined quality, cost and HSE standards without compromising on the effective achievement of production targets and operational efficiency.
If the abovementioned challenge appeals to you, then this is your chance to be on the frontline of power generation solutions to the loadshedding problem in South Africa. Don’t miss out, apply now!
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering/Production Management
- 5 – 8 Years’ experience in operations in a CSP Plant is preferred. Experience in Manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills and excellent planning and organizational ability
- Experience and know-how in conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to manage emergency situations
- Strong knowledge of the operations in progressively complex power production plants
- Oil and Gas or Chemical Industry Environment would be advantageous
- Develop the Operations-departmental strategy in line with the overall Plant’s strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across.
- Regularly report to the Plant Manager on the operational activities of department, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required
- Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Operation department’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Cascade of the Plant’s operational strategy to develop production plans and lead the effective monthly and daily scheduling of plant shift operations in line with the approved strategies and business demands to ensure the production targets are met.
- Lead and effectively manage all aspects of power generation within the plant to ensure efficient operations, whilst maintaining a critical focus on safety and quality.
- Work with all related parties to troubleshoot and resolve escalated/critical operational issues.
- Review the daily operations reports and submit periodic reports to the Plant Manager, keeping them informed of all technical problems, if any, as well as on recent changes or modifications on existing work plan or schedule.
- Lead the Operational management meetings so that the entire team is clear on the production standards required and the operations programs that are underway.
- Review the long-term equipment and operating performance characteristics and provide technical recommendations to improve the reliability of the equipment and overall efficiency of the operations processes.
- Ensure all safety protective device tests on critical equipment are carried out successfully on regular basis.
- Together with Maintenance department, plan and facilitate the implementation of planned preventative and corrective maintenance programmes, ensuring timely repair of critical equipment so as to minimize downtime and forced outages.
- Work with the Maintenance team, for the safe execution of the planned outages for the major operating facilities/equipment on site and provide support during the shutdown and re-starting of equipment, as needed, to ensure the EHS, scope, cost, and timeline objectives are met.
- Oversee and monitor the setting of production parameters and adjust production conditions during operation to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Report and respond to HSSE incidents using the established emergency communication channels and protocols, to minimize the impact of the hazard.
- Together with HSE department, ensure that safety rules and regulations are fully explained to plant employees/contractor staff and appropriate safety and protective equipment are worn; safety notices are prominently displayed in all work areas and that all accidents and incidents are efficiently investigated and analysed whilst ensuring that measures are implemented to avoid any recurrence.
- Oversee the performance of all contracts and contractor arrangements that impact plant operations.
- Lead the effective inventory management of operations-related consumables, chemicals, and equipment and ensure raising of requisitions and purchase orders for the timely replenishment of stock.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of Operation’s department work instructions, policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and contribute to Operational change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Excellent communication, influencing and motivating skills
- Mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Teamwork and effective collaboration skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!