We have a fantastic opportunity for two Power Systems Engineer to join a vibrant consulting company who are known for creating innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. This is your chance to be a part of the net zero energy revolution!
To be the right fit for this role, you will need an Engineering Degree as well as a Master’s Degree in Engineering. It is important that you have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working within a team environment as you will be working within a team of engineers. In order to apply for this opportunity, you must have at least 5 years of experience in an Electrical Engineering background. As the Power Systems Engineer, you will find yourself responsible for managing the projects from the client's perspective which will lead to you finding yourself based at the client for most of the time, managing the client and work delivery, leading proposals, and mentoring and coaching junior teams. You will know you’re the person we’re looking for if you have a thorough knowledge of power system analysis software such as DigSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E or PSCAD. Additionally, you may need to travel to clients and renewable energy sites when required.
This is your chance to work on captivating projects in an environment with excellent career development opportunities – you do not want to miss out! If you meet the requirements we’re looking for, then we absolutely want to hear from you! Apply now!
- Engineering Degree in Power Systems or similar
- Master's degree in Power Systems or similar
- 5+ years experience in an Electrical Engineering background
- Thorough knowledge of power system analysis software such as DigSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E or PSCAD
- Basic knowledge of modelling
Your responsibilities include managing the projects from the client's perspective which will lead to you finding yourself based at the client for most of the time, managing the client and work delivery, leading proposals, and mentoring and coaching junior teams.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and report-writing skills
- Business acumen
- Good salesmanship
- Robust interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Data analysis skills in Excel, Python or similar is beneficial
- Scripting skills for automation or repetitive analytical work is beneficial
Who Is AltGen?
- We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTechFind us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | WebsiteGive us a review on Google!