AltGen is scouting for a Financial Project Associate (M&A) who has strong experience in financial modelling with a proven track record in business development and renewable energy investments across the Pan-African region. This opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to step up into a leading role for one of the most reputable brands in the power-producing industry which aims to create over 1500MW of independent power per annum.
This firm has an extensive reach of more than eight countries in the Northern and Southern African peninsulas and remained agile in all fields of renewable energy. This in addition is supported by a global team of over 25 highly skilled board members. You will find yourself steering the strategic oversight of their upcoming and current project finances, overseeing their M&A services, tracking the success of their business development, onboarding new strategies into all the financial/credit analyses of investing, and providing operating project optimizers such as debt refinancing. Further to this, you will constantly be engaging with various exec level stakeholders and partners as well as providing the board with partnership proposals and post-close technology investments.
The ideal professional for this role will have a degree in investment banking, financial advisory services and/or project development. Coupled with an MBA and CFA (yes, someone EXCEPTIONAL). Further to this, we are looking for an expert, someone who has gained 4+ years of experience in financial modelling of complex transactions, and experience in the power industry environment with proven expertise in deal origination and transactions across Africa. To add to this, it is vital that you highlight your ability to effectively execute on how you have structured project finance deals.
If this sounds like we are speaking directly to you, then APPLY NOW! We want to hear all about your hands-on experience in negotiating private equity growth transactions and buy-outs.
Please note: this position is also open to candidates based in London or Cape Town, with some travel required.
- Degree in (business, economics, accounting, project management or equivalent) coupled with an MBA could be seen as advantageous.
- CFA is highly advantageous
- 4+ years of with proven expertise in investment banking, financial advisory services and / or project development that has dealt with large-scale transactions.
- Tangible experience and track record showing your ability to create value.
- Experience originating formal bid process responses, non-binding and binding offers.
- Experience in the renewable/sustainable energy is vital
- Experience in group capital project optimisation is highly advantageous
- Proven experience working on projects including: M&A transactions to early stage opportunity assessment and execution and financial close
- Growth equity financial modelling and evaluation experience is vital as well as performance monitoring and market analysis
- Excellent financial and management skills
- Top-notch communication skills (dealing with partners, exec etc)
- Effective comprehension of complex legal, commercial issues and tax structures.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is advantageous.
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in Europe, the United Kingdom, South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town and the UK which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!