Have thoughts about living in Germany or the United Kingdom? Keep reading...
Our client who operates in the solar EPC space across Africa, Europe, the US, Canada and UK markets is on the hunt for an exceptional Solar PV Design Engineer to join their team. They have forged a name for themselves in the PV space in both the C&I as well as off-grid market, delivering a range of services across the energy value chain – from development to financing, construction and operations of PV power plants.
If you are the Design Engineer we are looking for, you would have worked at a company that is compliant with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001, you will have an Electrical Engineering Degree under your belt, coupled with 4+ years of experience in the solar PV market. We are looking for someone who has designed not only grid-tied, but ground-mount hybrid PV solutions too – from (majority) BESS to genset projects. In addition, experience in both the African and European energy landscape will certainly make you stand out as you provide strong technical support to the firm’s engineering team. We are looking for a PVSyst expert, someone who knows the ins and outs of what makes a project feasible and what are the ideal tech products that will ensure the optimal performance of a plant.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright mind to join a well-known and respected brand in the PV space and because of their focus on delivering state of the art systems to their clients, they understand that they need a winning team to do it, they only hire the best! So, if you are a (qualified) PVSyst pro and you are looking to move to the United Kingdom or Germany, our client will make your dream a reality.
P.S. We hope you like jet setting across the world!
- B.Eng or B.Sc in Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years experience in a similar role within the solar industry
- Ground-mount design experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of PV-SYST, CAD (Autocad, Civil3D), all MS Office applications
- Experience using Sketchup, Caddy, digsilent, E-Plan or similar software is highly advantageous
- Experience using solar tracking systems is certainly a plus
- Highly beneficial if you have completed fault finding studies and worked on grid code compliance
- Expertise in handling MV designs
- Must have experience with hybrid fuel saver distributed generation applications
- Note: our client will provide assistance with Work Permits for qualified (PvSyst) candidates
- Supporting the sales and business development team to get sign-off by clients through designing PV systems that are going to drastically reduce their energy costs as well as operate efficiently for the project's anticipated life span
- Full-scope design of PV plants, from inception through to hand-over to the construction team, this will include costing as well as running with the processes pertaining to BOQ
- Following the company's ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 processes
- Contributing to the company's engineering processes and policies with a focus on continuous development and optimizations
- Working in accordance with local and international standards
- Results and system driven
- Well organized
- Great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to liaise with clients
- The ability to speak German and English is hugely beneficial
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!