Are you an experienced and passionate Archaeologist seeking a new and exciting challenge within the renewable energy sector? If so, AltGen is thrilled to be partnering with a leading Renewable Energy Developer who specializes in solar, wind, and battery storage projects, and is actively seeking an experienced Archaeologist to join their team during their next phase of growth.
With a commitment to investing more than £300 million in diversifying renewable energy sources, this company has an ambitious 20GW pipeline and a senior team of seasoned experts in renewable energy with over 20 years of experience to learn from. As part of a small and dedicated team, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring that projects are developed in harmony with cultural heritage sites.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record in developing and implementing solutions that minimize the impact of projects on archaeological sites, while also preserving the cultural heritage and significance of a site. The ideal candidate will have expertise in environmental impact assessments, GIS mapping, and stakeholder engagement, in addition to their experience in archaeology.
This position offers a competitive salary and a supportive, collaborative work environment, with a flexible and adaptable work arrangement consisting of four days in the office and one day working from home.
If you are passionate about both renewable energy and cultural heritage and are looking to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, then don't miss out on this unique opportunity. Apply now to be a part of this exciting team!
Interested in finding out more about AltGen and want to receive updates on new industry-relevant job roles? Then follow our LinkedIn page and subscribe to our mailer.
- A bachelor’s degree in Archaeology (BA; BSc)
- A related, suitable qualification
- 5 - 7 years of experience as an Archaeologist
- Experience in managing the protection of sensitive cultural and heritage sites
- Providing heritage guidance and support
- Community engagement
- Experience with environmental impact assessments and GIS mapping would be an asset
As a Senior Archaeologist, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire archaeological project lifecycle and leading a team of experts and stakeholders. Your duties and responsibilities would include:
- Designing and implementing comprehensive surveys and assessments to identify archaeological sites and artifacts that may be impacted by the development of renewable energy projects
- Developing and implementing strategies to minimize the impact of our projects on cultural heritage sites, artifacts, and landscapes
- Conducting advanced fieldwork and analysis to document, analyze, and preserve cultural heritage sites and artifacts
- Engaging with stakeholders, including government agencies, indigenous communities, and other relevant parties to ensure that our projects comply with cultural heritage requirements and regulations
- Contributing to the development of Environmental Impact Assessments and other project documentation, and ensuring that they adhere to best practices and regulatory requirements
- Providing expert advice and guidance to project teams on archaeological issues and challenges, and developing innovative solutions to ensure successful project delivery
- Conducting research and publishing findings in peer-reviewed journals, and presenting research findings at professional conferences and meetings
- Developing and delivering training programs for project teams and other stakeholders on cultural heritage and archaeological issues.
- Proficient in conducting in-depth research and analyzing data to gain a comprehensive understanding of the historical and cultural significance of sites and artifacts
- Diligent and detail-oriented, particularly when excavating sites and documenting data to ensure accuracy
- Possessing the necessary physical fitness and resilience required for outdoor work
- Skilled in presenting findings through well-crafted reports, dynamic presentations, and engaging publications
- Adept at working collaboratively within teams, and valuing open communication and idea-sharing
- Demonstrating strong proficiency in written and verbal communication
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!