Please note: Your application will only be considered if you have consulting and climate change as well as project development experience.
If you are an experienced Senior Climate Change Consultant who has a good working knowledge of climate risk, climate finance and climate analysis, then we have a great opportunity for you! This opportunity will see you working for a company to aims to accelerate the move to a low-carbon future!
The right person for the role will have 5+ years of experience in strategic management consultancy, allowing you to develop and therefore, utilise your project management capabilities in this new and challenging role. Furthermore, you will also have consulting experience with climate change projects as well as be incredibly well connected and networked within the climate change and carbon management industry and demonstrate an understanding of key markets in Africa, in order for the company to gain access to. As a result, you will find yourself creating proposals and propositions for clients, using your research and analytical expertise to source and sift through large amounts of information efficiently as well as managing teams to deploy optimal solutions to clients.
Alongside this, engaging with clients to better understand their project requirements is a task that you have performed multiple times and have confidence in doing so. This confidence will also help with reporting cases and presentations to the clients to guide them through the project phases.
At the end of the day, this position will allow you to curate an enthusiastic team that understands the need to make meaningful contributions that will accelerate the delivery of projects. If you want to work for an international firm whose mission is to drive the move towards a more sustainable, low carbon economy - this is the perfect role for you! Apply now!
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or similar
- Project Management qualification/certification is advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience within a strategic management consultancy environment
- Working knowledge of climate science, climate adaption and mitigation strategies
- Experience in climate risk and climate finance
- Previous line management experience in business development
- Previous experience in consulting on climate change projects
- Project management experience
- Demonstrable sustainability sector experience within Africa
- Good knowledge of carbon policies and technologies
- Skilled at MS especially Excel
- Excellent attention to detail complemented by strong organisational skills
- Robust communication skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Carbon Tax | Climate | Sustainability
Give us a review on Google!