Want to apply quickly? Click here to send us your details and we will get back to you
Please note that this role is London-based and will involve travel within both Europe and Africa.
Ready to make a sunny impact on the world as a Senior Design Engineer? Do you have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 5 years of experience in solar system design, including knowledge of solar panel technologies, inverters, and energy storage solutions? Do you have knowledge of Autocad, PVSyst, and SCADA design?
Our client, a forward-thinking company dedicated to promoting sustainable and clean energy solutions is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team. Specializing in the development, design, assembly, and operation of solar power systems, their focus is on both ground-mount and rooftop installations.
As our ideal candidate, you are experienced in ground-mounting utility-scale solar projects and you are committed to maintaining meticulous records of design iterations, modifications, and decisions. You are proactive in staying informed about emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in the renewable energy sector and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Your track record highlights your exceptional problem-solving abilities, as well as your talent for identifying opportunities for improvement through simulations, analyses, and design enhancements.
At this exciting opportunity, you can expect a competitive compensation package that comes with an attractive gratuity structure, ensuring that your hard work is always rewarded fairly. Joining our dynamic team means stepping into a global environment, providing you with ample opportunities to expand your horizons and develop your skills on an international scale. Our client is committed to supporting your professional growth and offers tailored training programs to help you advance in your career. Moreover, they value the significance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible working hours that empower you to better manage your time and commitments.
Join a team that is on a mission to harness the power of the sun to create a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the solar industry, with a strong emphasis on managing and overseeing solar energy projects
- Prior experience in developing the ability to efficiently oversee diverse teams engaged in the design, implementation, and maintenance of solar energy systems
- Previously provided guidance, mentorship, and technical support to team members is instrumental in driving success and cultivating a collaborative work environment throughout your professional journey
- Experience with international IEC standards is beneficial
- Lead the planning and execution of engineering deliverables, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget
- Design and implement low and medium-voltage electrical systems for various applications, ensuring safety and efficiency
- that all engineering designs and specifications comply with relevant regulatory standards and requirements. Perform SAT and FAT compliance checks
- Utilize Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software to create detailed and accurate engineering drawings
- Develop Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, providing real-time monitoring and control of industrial processes
- Design electrical protection systems to safeguard equipment and personnel in various industrial settings
- Prepare and submit technical documentation for tenders and proposals, demonstrating a strong understanding of project requirements and cost estimations
- Develop earthing systems to ensure electrical safety, including design and specification.
- Knowledge of Autocad, PVSyst, SCADA design
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 processes
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Medium voltage and protection coordination experience is beneficial
- Full UK Driving License
- Strong multi-skilled individual with attention to detail
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!