Want to apply quickly? Click here to send us your details and we will get back to you
Do you possess substantial expertise in the design of utility-scale battery storage systems, renewable energy projects, or high-voltage/extra-high-voltage (HV/EHV) systems for batteries?
Are you eager to become part of a dynamic and growing organization in a pivotal capacity, where you can “take charge” of the technical aspects of prestigious renewable projects throughout the United Kingdom?
Our client is a developer who values sustainability and excellence. They develop and operate utility-scale power plants well across Africa and the United Kingdom. Through multiple power facilities, they strive towards becoming the partner of choice within the regional IPP sphere. In an effort to reach their goal of adding MWs of alternative power generation, they are looking to expand their team and welcome a senior development engineer in the energy storage space.
As a Senior Development Engineer in energy storage, your responsibilities will span various technical and project management aspects. You'll oversee energy storage system design, work closely with business development teams, optimize project sites and technologies, assess and mitigate risks, and use modelling tools like HOMER, WAsP, WindPro, PVSyst, CAD, and GIS. Your role also involves data analysis from operational BESS plants to identify optimization opportunities, define modelling simulations, draft technical specifications, conduct due diligence processes, and manage third-party technical advisors. You'll be responsible for cost and yield estimates, LCOE assessments, and ensuring project compliance with various documents. Additionally, you'll manage technical investigations, contractor tendering, lender and owner's engineers, project schedules, and construction activities while maintaining strong interdisciplinary relationships.
- An engineering degree
- 5 years experience in the energy industry, particularly with developing and contracting battery energy storage, in an advisory, developmental, EPC or OEM capacity
- Experience and ability to work across commerce, environmental, social and legal disciplines
- Size and design energy storage systems
- Collaborate with business development teams for technical project management
- Optimize project sites and technology
- Assess and mitigate project risks
- Analyze operational BESS plant data for optimization
- Define and manage modelling simulations for optimal solutions
- Draft energy storage technical specifications and requirements
- Conduct due diligence processes, including site visits
- Select and manage third-party technical advisors
- Develop cost and yield estimates for financial models
- Perform LCOE assessments
- Interpret and incorporate project document requirements
- Oversee contractor tendering and negotiations
- Control project development and construction schedules
- Contribute to resource planning for construction management
- Monitor construction, testing, and commissioning activities
- Maintain strong interfaces with various project disciplines
- Manage advisors, contractors, as well as project budgets
- Utilize software tools such as WAsP,WindPro, and PVSyst
- Knowledge or fluency in French, Portuguese or Arabic is beneficial
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!