Hey Project Developer!
Ready to put on that senior hat, and finally step into the promotion that you deserve?
If you’ve been spearheading renewable energy development projects for high-profile companies, then you’re knocking on the right door!
We’re looking for an intuitive team leader and project developer with expertise in developing large capital renewable energy projects and leading cross-functional teams. If you’re well-versed in permitting and section 36 consenting, then X marks the spot. We want you!
The ideal candidate will be an experienced project manager or project developer with a well-established career in renewable energy project development. You need to have a master’s degree in engineering, and a wealth of industry knowledge, specifically about land regulations such as the Planning Act and Section 36 Consenting.
As the Senior Project Developer, you will be responsible for successfully developing large capital renewable energy projects from conception through to construction. You will lead all land acquisition strategies and land leasing deals and be responsible for taking all projects through the key planning stages such as scoping and submitting planning applications. You will provide executive-level leadership and strategic direction for business development and opportunities for renewable energy projects and be responsible for managing cross-functional teams.
It's time to fly to infinity and beyond! What do you think? Hit that apply button below!
Interested in finding out more about AltGen and want to receive updates on new industry-relevant job roles? Then follow our LinkedIn page and subscribe to our mailer.
- Master’s degree in engineering, or renewable energy
- A diploma in project management would be highly beneficial for this role
- 8 - 10 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, with a specific focus on project development and project management
- 5+ years experience in a senior development role within the renewable energy sector – project director, senior project manager, senior project developer, etc.
- Experience working with large capital renewable energy projects, utility-scale, onshore or offshore wind projects, or solar projects
- Experience in taking projects through the key planning stages including scoping, submitting planning applications, working with the Planning Act and Section 36 consents
- An impressive track record of renewable energy projects successfully sourced, appraised, and implemented
- Experience in developing and implementing new IPP models for project development
- Experience in securing funding for large-capital renewable energy projects, specifically in wind and solar
- Experience in the executive-leadership role, providing direction for business development and opportunity creation in renewable energy solutions
- Experience in leading asset acquisitions and land leasing deals for IPP Solar and wind power generation
- Experience in developing project control roadmaps preparing updated status reports, and developing proposals for key projects to achieve milestones
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and managing diverse departments to ensure successful project execution
Responsibilities include providing executive-level leadership and strategic direction for business development and opportunities for renewable energy projects, leading land acquisition strategies and land leasing deals for renewable energy power generation, overseeing day-to-day business operations of renewable energy systems whilst developing project control roadmaps, preparing and updating status reports, developing proposals for key projects to achieve milestones, initiating, managing and negotiating funding to secure large-scale utility projects, leading all aspects of business development, and scheduling and facilitating meetings between project stakeholders to discuss deliverables and conflicts to meet project objectives.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Passionate about renewable
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple projects, cross-functional teams, and diverse departments in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!