Our client oversees a solar fund, specialising in financing solar installations for businesses and enabling solar installers to provide PPAs to their clients. They are on the lookout for a Senior Solar Transactor to join their growing team and assist in their solar debt financing deals.
- Are you an excellent negotiator with a thorough understanding of renewable energy finance?
- Do you have the confidence and agility to co-ordinate with diverse stakeholders to ensure the execution of solar debt transactions?
- Do you possess a solid working understanding of the specific regulatory frameworks and policies associated with solar financing?
This role requires a results-driven individual with the experience in transaction execution, business development, financing, and corporate initiatives. As a Senior Transactor, you would oversee financial analysis and risk assessments, ensuring accurate reporting and communication of due diligence findings to diverse stakeholders. The ideal candidate should be able to proficiently navigate financial models, optimise returns, and offer insights into financial risks and transaction-related consequences.
If you're an experienced professional eager to make a significant impact in the Renewable Energy sector and it’s future, join our client’s endeavour where your contributions are valued and your career thrives in a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or a related field (MBA or equivalent qualification is advantageous)
- A proven track record of project finance deals in Renewable Energy developments (Solar project finance a huge plus)
- 5-7 years’ experience in M&A, corporate finance, private equity, or project finance
In this role as a Solar Transactor, you would play a pivotal role in solar debt financing deals, contributing to various stages of the transaction process. You would proactively identify potential opportunities, building and maintaining relationships within the solar finance sector while staying abreast of market trends and regulatory changes.
Your expertise would be needed to conduct due diligence, where you would need to perform financial analyses, collaborate with legal and technical teams, and prepare comprehensive reports. Navigating financial models, your role would include the evaluation of financing structures, optimisation of returns, and the analysis on financial implications and risks. Negotiation and structuring will be key to this job, as you would need to lead negotiations. This is why a strong understanding of legal frameworks is required.
Your relationship management skills would come into play as you would need to cultivate strong ties with EPCs and developers, ensuring seamless communications between them and internal teams.
- Advanced financial modelling skills within project development space
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding negotiation and communication abilities.
- Capacity to oversee numerous concurrent projects and adhere to strict timelines.
- Creative and practical problem-solving skills couple with strong analytical abilities.
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!