We have an exciting opportunity available for a Site Electrician at a Solar PV Plant in the Northern Cape. Be part of a distinguished O&M that is an Industry Leader in the field of Renewable Energy. If this sounds appealing, then bring your expertise to ensure maximum uptime across the plant. Locals from the Khai-Ma Municipal District are encouraged to apply!
The Site Electrician is responsible for all preventative and corrective maintenance on the solar plant while making sure all HSE procedures are followed. The Site Electrician must ensure the maximum availability and performance ratio of the solar plant and draft technical reports on all events. Root cause analysis, identifying and implementing plant optimization projects under guidance by the Plant Manager and Site Supervisor.
- Minimum of an N3 with electrical subjects
- Red Seal qualification preferred
- Working knowledge of the OHS Act
- Minimum 2 years’ utility experience in power plant or industry experience is desired
- Working knowledge of PV plants is an advantage
- Experience in switching LV, MV and HV systems
- Experience with lock-out tag-out procedures
- Working knowledge of power system protection
- Able to read and interpret single-line diagrams and schematics
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of LV and 22kV cable, DC cable systems including fault location and diagnostics is an advantage
- Cable jointing qualifications and experience is an advantage
- SCADA: able to analyse data, investigate and report on trends
-Plan, prepare for, manage, and execute activities pertaining to Preventative and Corrective Maintenance on the solar plant whilst assuring all HSE procedures are followed, activities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to all alarms triggered on the solar plant
- Resolve all trips on the solar plant as soon as possible
- Attend to all breakdowns, do fault finding/root cause analysis and resolve, fix, or replace faulty equipment with minimal energy loss
- Diagnose and replace PV panels
- Diagnose, test, repair and/or replace cables, cable inter-connections, PV junction/string boxes, connectors, and fuses in PV systems
- Diagnose, test, repair and/or replace transformers
- Diagnose, test repair and/or replace HV yard equipment
- Diagnose, repair and/or replace switchgear and control gear in PV systems
- Apply root cause analysis techniques on all major and reoccurring faults
- Investigate technical failures and prepare a formal technical report
- Generate Work Order (WO) requests for onsite intervention
- Enforce HSE compliance with contractors
-Work with the Site Supervisor and Plant Manager on Plant optimization
-Perform standby duties
-Train/mentor General and Semi-Skilled Workers
-Record keeping and management of spare part movements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Code B driver’s license required
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!