We are on the hunt for a Solar Field Technician to assist our Client to apply Technical expertise to static and rotating assets to achieve the Plant operational targets, this as per Company’s procedures and Maintenance Solar Field Supervisor’s instructions, and to ensure all work is completed in due time and at a minimum cost at their facility in the Northern Cape. Our client is a well-known O&M and is responsible for Operations and Maintenance of CSP facilities with energy assets globally positioned in the Renewable Energy Sector in North and South America, Spain, Algeria, and South Africa.
The ideal person for this awesome opportunity will have a technical/industrial background with added skills and knowledge on the daily maintenance of a Concentrated Solar Power facility.
- Section 13 Mechanical / Electrical or Millwright Trade Test qualification
- Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
- 5 years of experience post qualification in an industrial environment
- Previous hands-on experience with the maintenance and repair experience in the maintenance and repair and testing of high pressure pipework, maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems and maintenance of static equipment
- Must be willing to work Day Shift, or Night Shift, or Shift Pattern
- Will have to do stand-by according to the stand-by roaster
- Execute assembly, repairs, replacements and adjustments for equipment and/or systems defined under the Plant maintenance plan in accordance with requirements associated with production, availability, reliability and Company procedures, standards, specifications, and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Highly proactive and self-motivated, capable of handling multiple tasks
- Professional command of English and Afrikaans with good reading, writing and communication abilities
- Able to work alone as well as in a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work at heights and at night
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to emergency situations
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strictly adhere, promote and ensure the enforcement of HSE rules and practices
- IT literate, especially with Microsoft Office and SAP-PM, able to write technical reports
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!