Our core values as solar and water harvesting specialists is to assist people to become as energy efficient as possible, reducing their carbon footprint in the world – we want to lead the change. We endeavour to run a business where our vision for a healthier world finds expression through the way we work, the way we treat each other and the people we serve.
We are leaders in the installation and supply of various Solar Systems, Solar Panels, Inverters, Battery Backup, Solar Geysers, Generators, Solar Hot Water and Rain Water Harvesting solutions in Durban and Johannesburg. With hundreds of installations completed in both the Domestic and Commercial field, we aim to be the pioneers of a Green movement across South Africa.
We are looking for a passionate solar sales consultant to join our growing solar installation company. As a solar sales consultant, you will have the first contact with our customers, providing them with information about our products and the benefits of going solar. Your duties will include analyzing the needs of the customer, calculating resources, preparing quotes and providing after-sales support. You may also be required to visit customer sites and consult on larger installations.
To ensure success as a solar sales consultant, you should have excellent interpersonal skills, a passion for solar energy, and a solid background in sales. Ultimately, a top-class Solar Sales Representative builds a rapport with customers and provides them with tailor-made solar solutions.
- Tertiary qualification in business or finance
- Experience with solar
- In-depth knowledge of solar equipment and installations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance and a friendly disposition
- Ability to relate technical information in layman’s terms
- Meeting with customers in-store and out at site locations
- Providing customers with information about company equipment and solar systems
- Gathering information to accurately identify the customer’s solar needs
- Selecting solar energy products and systems to best suit the customer’s needs
- Preparing or reviewing designs for the customer’s solar installation
- Creating fully customized energy packagers for large-scale solar installations
- Providing customers with quotes, sales orders
- Providing after-sales service including courtesy calls and site visits
- Following up on sales quotes from other members of the sales team
- Generating potential leads for new accounts
- Ability to travel and have own transportation
- Basic knowledge of sales and Office software
- Ability to drive in and around KZN
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Find us on Google My Business | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
Give us a review on Google!