Are you someone who is extremely goal-orientated (motivated by striving for new heights) and who could be described as a person who is motivated by acts of service? Ever wondered if you have truly found your career calling that combines both of these elements of your persona into a role that gets you up in the morning?
AltGen is an incredibly unique company, and well I’m sure you hear companies say that all the time about themselves. But we ARE different... Our team is extremely goal-orientated, we focus on results, but we do it strategically – we work smart and play hard. We love using BI to make big decisions, but we also realise that we are the sum of our parts, each and every one of our team members has a crucial role to play in our successes. And what truly sets us apart is the meaning we find in the work we do – besides supporting global net-zero targets through driving clean MW to the African grid (we do this through the renewable skills we place for our clients projects), we fundamentally care about the candidates we work with – we see ourselves as their personal career coaches. We form long lasting bonds with the people we come into contact with – in fact our business was built on relationships.
Enough about us, let's talk about you! You’ll need at least 2 years of experience in sales or recruitment and to be armed with a bachelor’s degree to survive in this jungle. Your primary mission would be to source and connect exceptional candidates to our clients. This involves utilizing various communication channels to engage candidates and build an extensive talent network.
We're on the hunt for a Talent Consultant who gets us. Someone energised and hungry for excellence. Our ideal addition to the team must be a MS Office wizard, a recruitment fanatic, and have exceptional communication skills. You’ll be working in an open-plan office and so ability to banter is a must. But you also have to care deeply about meeting the SDG goals, in fact it has to run through your blood. Last but not least, you must have an eagle eye for detail – if you have used the phrase “quality over quantity” a few times in the last 6 months, you are going to fit right in with us.
So, if you see yourself as an enabler, a catalyst for change – then you are very likely the type of person who will thrive at AltGen. P.S. We suggest you get a glimpse of who we are here!
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive training and induction program
- Continuous focus on your personal and professional growth
- Regular team-building activities to keep the camaraderie alive
- Opportunities for on-site client visits to gain real industry insights
- A competitive base salary with lucrative commission structures
- Birthday leave because you deserve a day off on your special day
- A hybrid work environment (based on seniority and role)
Your commission-based earnings should, at a minimum, match or double your annual base salary.
Let us know why you’re worth it. Apply Now!
- Degree in any field at a reputable institution is non-negotiable
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably in recruitment or a fast-paced sales environment
- Renewable energy recruitment and/or industry experience would be advantageous
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on work mandates is essential
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent candidate sourcing and networking capabilities
- Ability to engage with clients and understand their needs better than they do
- Experience in the use of recruitment ATS systems, as well as sourcing tools such as LinkedIn and Pnet
- Excellent eye for detail
As a Recruitment Consultant, your responsibilities will involve utilizing relevant tools to source the best candidates whenever client job mandates are received. You will be responsible for interacting with prospective candidates through various communication methods, managing the recruitment process, and keeping track of all interactions on the company's ATS system. Additionally, you will be responsible for formatting CVs, scheduling interviews, and processing all placement information. Your role will also entail building a quality network to leverage from and cultivating valuable client relationships.
Meeting and surpassing key performance indicators and targets is paramount.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Output-driven in your approach and determined in character
- Energetic and ambitious team player
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- High emotional intelligence and collaborative skills
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and sustainability jobs across the globe. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency with offices in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Mauritius, and the United Kingdom, which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the world and are rapidly expanding.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen | Wheeling | Energy Trading | ESG | Sustainability | Carbon Management.
Give us a review on Google!