Technical Developer - Green Hydrogen - Namibia
We are seeking a qualified Namibian-based Engineer to conduct the early-stage development phases of green hydrogen projects for a thriving company specialising exclusively in hydrogen technologies. This role is for individuals who have experience in mitigating risks from a technical perspective for cleantech projects ranging from 50 MW – 200 MW.
If you have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical), 5 – 10 years of experience in green energy projects, and are interested in establishing hydrogen power plants in Africa then this opportunity was made for you! Ideal skills include hands-on project development abilities, and assessment and implementation of necessary processes to bring a project to financial close. Your approach to work needs to be conventional and investigative.
We need a convergent thinker to get their hands dirty from the pre-feasibility stages to fully permitted projects. Your responsibilities will include technical design and scoping aspects of developing a project, the ESIA process and reporting thereof, as well as researching and analysing land acquisitions. You will need to supervise site, grid and technical studies, identify relevant partners and research local construction markets and related codes and standards in project-specific countries, monitor global GH2-related development and conclude the filing of signed agreements.
This is your chance to be part of establishing high-capacity, large-scale Hydrogen-to-Power projects alongside pioneers in the renewable energy sector in Africa.
P.S. If you’re a skilled Namibian Engineer looking to grow your career locally then this role was made for you!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or possibly Environmental Sciences if you’ve specialised in the EIA aspects of project development
- Knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Project Management certificate is highly beneficial
- 5 – 10 years of early-stage project development (technical) experience in the renewable energy industry
- Experience in green hydrogen, wind or solar is essential (please include details regarding your track record in electrolysis)
- You MUST have worked on the pre-construction activities for CLEAN energy-related projects (Don’t forget to share your list of projects!)
- Quantifiable experience working on solar, EMS, BESS and desalination technology on projects ranging from 50 MW – 200 MW
- Added bonus is you have experience in taking a project through construction to commission!
Your key responsibility is ensuring from a technical perspective that all hydrogen projects successfully meet financial close and the company forges a sound international reputation as a market leader in the green hydrogen sector. You will get the chance to contribute to the establishment of green hydrogen projects in Namibia and greater Africa by getting your hands dirty in pre-feasibility stages to fully permitted projects.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Suite and Excel Macros
WHO IS ALTGEN?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech | Green Hydrogen
Give us a review on Google!